No announcement yet.

What about Lana?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did this thread come up all of the sudden? :s

As for what smallvillefreak24 said, Season 8 didn't really bring closure to Clana.
    The way that it ended in Requiem, they kept the door open for Lana to return at one point. Cause seriously, she needs to lose that suit.

And as for what Faerus said: Smallville has always been about Clark and Lana. Clark and his first true love.

Even Gough and Millar have said that they wanted the show to begin and end with Clana. I just hope that their wishes will somehow come true towards the end of the show. Although the future doesn't look brightly on that subject.

Comment

I completely agree with you about the suit, Sven. I have no idea why the producers went that route. Maybe they thought it was ironic, maybe they thought it was the easiest way out, but it did a disservice to Lana Lang, IMO. Who granted is not among my favorite characters in the series, but still I think she deserved to leave Smallville without a suit infested with green kryptonite.

Even Gough and Millar have said that they wanted the show to begin and end with Clana. I just hope that their wishes will somehow come true towards the end of the show. Although the future doesn't look brightly on that subject.
      Well that was because they wanted to end the show around season 5 so ending it with Lana and Clark would have made perfect sense. Now, I can't imagine this Smallville, which is already by the looks of the spoilers so different suddenly going back to "Clana" again for the series finale. It would be too regressive, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles
        I completely agree with you about the suit, Sven. I have no idea why the producers went that route. Maybe they thought it was ironic, maybe they thought it was the easiest way out, but it did a disservice to Lana Lang, IMO. Who granted is not among my favorite characters in the series, but still I think she deserved to leave Smallville without a suit infested with green kryptonite.

Well that was because they wanted to end the show around season 5 so ending it with Lana and Clark would have made perfect sense. Now, I can't imagine this Smallville, which is already by the looks of the spoilers so different suddenly going back to "Clana" again for the series finale. It would be too regressive, IMO.
        Oh thanks, I didn't know that they planned on ending it around S5
        It doesn't make sense that it would return to be Clana in the end, but what can I say; I'm a huge fan of the couple And I simply cannot live with how they ended that relationship in Requiem.

I'm fully aware that the relationship has to end, but the way it ended doesn't feel right. It needs to be done properly somehow.

I'm also very unpleased that not a word has been spoken about her since she left again. She said she was going to save the world, just like Clark. Why can't we have a few news articles about that or something? Or a mention from Chloe that Lana called in to say she's having the time of her life or so?

Oh crap, I'm going way offtopic oh well, you get my point

Comment

Originally posted by amazingP
          a) why would Clark start chasing Lois when he continues to love Lana (even though they can't be together)
          b) how would Clark think anything is going to be different between Clark and Lois and between Clark and Lana?
          a) He falls in love with Lois duh
          b) There is a huge difference between Lana and Lois. Lana kept pushing to find out Clark's secret. Lois isn't doing that. Things will work out so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
            Oh thanks, I didn't know that they planned on ending it around S5
            It doesn't make sense that it would return to be Clana in the end, but what can I say; I'm a huge fan of the couple And I simply cannot live with how they ended that relationship in Requiem.
            There were a few things I enjoyed about Requiem and the Lana arc, but overall, I felt very disatisfied so if you cannot live with how they ended based on a similar disatisfaction then I understand you completely and I do agree with you.

I'm fully aware that the relationship has to end, but the way it ended doesn't feel right. It needs to be done properly somehow.
            IMO what the Clark and Lana relationship needed that it did not receive was closure.

I'm also very unpleased that not a word has been spoken about her since she left again. She said she was going to save the world, just like Clark. Why can't we have a few news articles about that or something? Or a mention from Chloe that Lana called in to say she's having the time of her life or so?
            If next season we are going to see [SPOILER]flashebacks of Jimmy Olsen[/SPOILER] (or so it's speculated), then I don't think it would hurt to see something similar with Lana Lang. Or in the least as you mention some kind of reference. I guess you never know. If season nine is really about moving forward, the past will be undoubtedly reference in some way.

Oh crap, I'm going way offtopic oh well, you get my point
            I get your point, and I actually agree with it!

Comment

for the people that said "well lois is stronger and is tougher" just stop it. no human is tough enough to face the threats that clark faces. and the reason why they made clana get through so many obstacles (outside threats such as braniac) was because she was not the one he ends up with. they completely abandoned the "people that are close to clark are in danger" crap they used to put on the show. they completely ignored all of that with clois and didn't address it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎