No announcement yet.

Did Lois actually tell the truth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lauren_17
    I think she slipped the monitor off her finger.
    Improbable, the machine was still registering her pulse.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In the elevator scene, at 1:40, when Lois said she slipped the sensor of her finger, Clark's face looked shocked as if he believed her a little. Check it out and see for yourself. Lois's lie about the sensor is totally plausible and can totally make sense, but I'm still a firm believer that she was telling the truth about loving him.
      Last edited by kal-el returns; 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I rewatched it. You don't see her hand at any point, but the dude was really close to her, fairly improbable for him not to notice it slipping off.

Comment

Of course she was telling the truth. There was way too much emotion in that confession for it to be otherwise. Also, it was evident in the way she couldn't meet his eyes after. And when he rescued them both, and asked if she was okay, she said she wasn't sure - probably because her biggest secret had just been revealed. On top of that, there is no reason she would have been trying to avoid him if she had just lied, but she pauses looking at his desk and then tries to make an escape in the elevator, breathing a sigh of relief when she thinks she's missed him. You can see her tense up when Clark appears behind her. Then she comes up with an excuse not to ride the elevator with him.

In the elevator, the tension is far too awkward. If she had really lied, it wouldn't have played out like it did at all. In fact, if she had lied, she would have just told him outright. But she was so worried that she had revealed her feelings for him, she had completely forgotten about the excuse that she had just lied, Clark had to supply it for her. You could just see the nervousness radiating off her while she searched for something to say. I think a lot of the emotion in this episode was non-verbal. Facial expressions, eyes, etc, can give away a lot. Clark gave her an opening to get out of it, and get things back to normal between them. Because he was under the impression she was telling the truth. Unfortunately, I don't think he expected her to run with it to the extent she did. Fearless Lois Lane isn't quite so fearless with her emotions, she saw the out, and she took it. Clark was then left confused, thinking maybe she hadn't told the truth after all, and wondering just how she does feel about him, and wondering too just how he feels about her.

She was telling the truth, without a doubt. But neither of them were ready for it. I think things are better the way they turned out. I don't see it entirely as as "Lois loves Clark" so much as they're both really just starting to see the depth of their feelings within themselves. Lois just had the confession forced out of her, because obviously she didn't want Clark to die in that chair. You can see in little ways in the episodes that Clark is taken with Lois, he's just suffering from "Lana fog" still, and is slowly being awakened to the underlying attraction that has probably always been there for Lois. Really enjoying this season so far, I think they're portraying the Lois/Clark dynamic wonderfully. Maybe they're doing it a different way than we see in other Superman portrayals, but Smallville has always been different. The fact that Lois even appeared in his life at all (let alone years) before he started to work at the Daily Planet says it all. It's a different take on the Superman mythos. That said, you won't hear any complaints from me as long as Lois and Clark end up together.

Comment

She told the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH!

IF she had slipped the sensor off her finger than it would have been easier for her to answer, but it wasn't so...

She loves him and she knows it. If only Clark weren't so blind to see it! Gah! Grr...

Comment

Originally posted by Unsound
              That said, you won't hear any complaints from me as long as Lois and Clark end up together.
              I know what the producers have said (they won't get together), but I would like to see it on this show. I can't help it.

Comment

Lois was not lying, except in the elevator. I watched that scene maybe 3 times. Lois loving Clark is honestly one of the big things that makes Superman, Superman.

If the sensors had slipped off her fingers, she could've lied and said no without any emotion. Clark should've brought that up. haha

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                  I know what the producers have said (they won't get together), but I would like to see it on this show. I can't help it.
                  I know that's been said, but I can hope! I guess what I really meant is, as long as they grow together as a pair I will be happy. Maybe there won't be a relationship, but if they can show them drawing closer to one another (as they have been doing), I'll be content. Heck they could end the series with the two of them about to kiss and I would be happy. Well, I would miss seeing the way that ended up, but you get my point. I just love that they're finally developing her character, and drawing her and Clark closer together. I've been waiting for this for so long.

Comment

Unfortunately I think once midseason comes they'll move away from the Clark/Lois thing. But that's just my gut feeling.

Comment

i might have misdirected the idea of the thread. Maybe I should have asked, do you think Clark believes Lois's confession completely? His reaction at around 1:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QznfLzwlZyw) show that he's kind of confused and not sure if Lois was lying or not.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by The Red Aaron
                      Lois was not lying, except in the elevator. I watched that scene maybe 3 times. Lois loving Clark is honestly one of the big things that makes Superman, Superman.

If the sensors had slipped off her fingers, she could've lied and said no without any emotion. Clark should've brought that up. haha
                      if she had said no, then the crazy dude would have killed her...since he would consider lois and clark not perfect for each other
                      Last edited by kal-el returns; 10-17-2008, 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I like that the questioner urged Lois to search deep down. It reminds me of "Lois and Clark" and Lois' reluctant admission of love at the end of "Pheremone My Lovely."

All right, maybe, somewhere very deep inside me is some eensy-weensy, microcosmic - although highly unlikely - possibility that I feel some sort of unmotivated, completely unrealistic attraction to you.
                        This is basically SV Lois' usual state. She only very reluctantly admits to having fuzzy feelings for Clark.

During the torture Lois is faced with saving Clark's life by trying to dig deep and be truthful, or lying and risking that Clark may be killed. I don't know if she would have had the courage to face her true... deep down buried feelings for Clark if Clark himself hadn't gently urged her to be truthful.

Also, I think she got really emotional and could only whisper her answer because she's not ready. She's not ready to face it. This ain't no shallow crush. It's something... deeper. And that's why it upsets Lois so much. So I think... yeah. It had to be life or death for Lois to face it even for a moment; both in this episode and in "Instinct."

Comment

Definitely the truth, there was so much emotion in that YES. Also she kept trying to avoid him at the DP until she could come up with a lie to cover.

Comment

She's telling the truth about her feelings -- For one thing, her face expression when the crazy dude asked her of her deep feelings, was just too genuinely troubled. If she had the sensor slipped off her finger, she wouldn't be weeping. Of course -- the end scene did tell us so much that she's embarrassed and trying to avoid Clark; she wouldn't act that way if she had the sensor off her because she could easily tell Clark the truth about her lying. She actually had the ridiculous story AFTER Clark's little comment about her being a good liar.

As for the truth about her feelings -- she always has felt something for Clark. When she was drunk, she did say something about Clark being a great person or something. This clearly stated that deep down she does like Clark, even though they argue a LOT.

Comment

Yes she did. Clark didn't say anything and then he shoved the man off of him. I think that the writers aren't ready to put Clark and Lois into a realtionship just yet. Because like it or not Lana's chapter in Clark's life is not closed or resloved yet. She's supposed to come back in the 10th episode I think. So maybe then Clark and Lana will be able to say goodbye for the last time and then maybe they'll bring Clark and Lois closer together.

Comment

lol all i can say is if they don't put clark and lois together at SOME point in the season, it doesnt have to be immediately and they can stretch it out then they sure are going to lose a LOT of viewers. i mean look at how many ppl were upset that chloe and clark didnt get together (not counting the brief togetherness in the 1st season was it?) but if clark and lois dont get together i have a feeling it will be madness and chaos lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎