Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lois actually tell the truth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow..whenever I see her confession scene, I think of the most famous quote from a "few good men".

In Lois's case....the guy WANTS the truth...and while Lois knows it...she can't HANDLE the truth...haha.

I really doubt that if Lois was referring Love as in a "friendship" way, that she would've been so conflicted to even say it, nor if she really wasn't tied up to the sensor, she wouldn't have hesitated.

Lois didn't want to see Clark in any more pain. I think over the course of the series, Lois has perhaps subconsciously become protective of Clark and whenever she see's him in great pain, whether it be physically or emotionally, it really tears her up inside.

Had the person been willing to shock her if she didn't tell the truth, Lois would've said "no". But since Clark would receive the punishment for her lies, Lois had to admit that she loves Clark, even though it was killing her inside to say it out loud for numerous of reasons.

Saying that she loves Clark out loud makes it all that much more real to her.

And Lois really believes that Clark wouldn't return her feelings, hence her pained expression when Clark was asked the question, so she doesn't want Clark to know how she really feels because she doesn't like feeling second best or loving someone who won't return that love.

Comment

She told the thruth but,she was embarrassed about it

Comment

She does love Clark. Because if she had truly slipped off the sensor, her answer should & would have been "no", that she doesn't love Clark-- the detector would not trip, and move on to the next question.

Also in the beginning of the elevator scene, she had that loonnngggg awkward pause, clearly a sign that she meant what she said during the lie detector scene.

Comment

This is so bogus.

OF COURSE she was telling the truth.

She could have told Clark in the elevator that as well.

"Sure Clark, I love you - like a little brother. Annoying, but brotherly."

Comment

I think she told the truth about loving him, and lied about the sensor.

Comment

Yeh i think she told the truth about loving him, and you could tell she was lying about the sensor in the elevevator, shes so sarcastic, and Clark does not even notice.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by alan2990
              She does love Clark. Because if she had truly slipped off the sensor, her answer should & would have been "no", that she doesn't love Clark-- the detector would not trip, and move on to the next question.

Also in the beginning of the elevator scene, she had that loonnngggg awkward pause, clearly a sign that she meant what she said during the lie detector scene.
              No but remember alan2990, Would the jewler not have killed them if they did not love each other?
              Last edited by SupaBoy; 10-22-2008, 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                IMO Lois did tell the truth when she said she loved Clark. She showed way to much true emotion for her answer to be an act. She lied to Clark when she told him the sensor was off her finger so she could cover her true feelings. Until this is explained differently on an episode, I'm sticking to my answer.
                I'd go along with this.

Comment

Yeah she was definitely telling the truth. No doubt in my mind. She just wasn't ready to admit it yet, so she made up the story about slipping the sensor off her finger. It was classic Lois and her defense mechanism.

Comment

I believe she was telling the truth...true...we don't see her hands at any time (Which I think was done on purpose to keep us thinking), but if she didn't have the sensor on her finger, why not say No. People are saying she couldn't have said no because then the Crazy guy would no they were faking, but he already knew. Remember when Lois says "Ok Crazy, here's the deal. We're not even a couple...so this test doesn't mean anything." But also, there was WAY too much emmotion for that to be a lie. If she did feel like she couldn't say no, why not just say yes. It took her almost a minute and a half to answer the question, even with Clark talking her through it, and even then she started to cry. LOIS LOVES CLARK!!

Comment

she said the truth, of course. Itīs obvious but at the same time itīs =s so weird... when did she end loving Oliver???? Oh, i know when writers decided that in offscreenville

Comment

Yes, she told the truth Lois covered it up at the end but that good she shared her feeling you really shouldn't hide them from someone you care about.

Comment

She told the truth! She loves Clark!

Comment

Lois' confession and the elevator scene makes the episode so worthwhile.

Comment

Of course she was telling the truth, it would'nt have been so hard to confess if she was'nt.

Comment

Yeah there's no way in hell she wasn't telling the truth. She told the truth during the test and lied about slipping the sensor off. If the sensor was off, she would just have easily answered "no" and that would've been that. For the amount of emotion Lois had and the time it took her to answer, there's no way she was lying. The inability to make eye contact with Clark afterwards was even more proof. Clark did the right thing though by giving her an out. He did sound surprised when Lois said she slipped the sensor off her finger, like he believed it, and sounded like he was almost disappointed at the thought of her slipping the sensor off. Maybe he said that just to sell or double down on the out he gave Lois or maybe he forgot the details (like Lois' emotion, length to answer the question, uneasiness afterwards, etc) because of the tension of the moment when they were still being held by the guy. I definitely think the whole situation made Clark start taking a much closer look on how he felt about Lois once he found out how she felt about him. In Instinct (the previous episode) he was worried that he would miss out on when his "soul mate" would eventually come around, like he wasn't even considering Lois and by Identity (which I think was the next episode Lois was in after Committed) you could see he got jealous when Lois went out with Sebastian Kane.

Originally posted by kal-el returns
                                if she had said no, then the crazy dude would have killed her...since he would consider lois and clark not perfect for each other
                                I don't think he would have. As crazy as he was, his goal was to weed out marriages that wouldn't work by extracting lies & punishing the liars. If she slipped the sensor off and said no without the crazy jeweler finding out & he thought she was telling the truth, he wouldn't have punished her because according to him she was being honest and his service would be done one way or another.

Lois even mentioned how they weren't really a couple before he asked that question, so if he was going to kill her/them, why not do it after her confession about them not being a couple?
                                Last edited by xrayvision; 11-24-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎