Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Your Opinion of Lois and/or Clois Changed in S8?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion of Lois since Crusade was "wow now that's the the girl Clark should end up with" and then things only got better. I loved her pre-reporter Lois in S4 and S5. In comics, her story begins when Clark joins the Planet but I love that in Smallville, she was given this beginning where she wasn't an ace reporter but a teenager who didn't know what to do with life, she's shown to be carefree pretty much like any teenager. What I liked about her was that she was still stubborn, still the same Lois. She didn't give up but continued to struggle.

I loved the fact that she started out with a tabloid and got the job on her own merit instead of someone pulling the strings for her to land the job. Then at DP too, she got the job by her own effort. I've loved every arc that she has got to work with so far because Erica makes it so wonderful. She's so dedicated to Lois. Even the Grois arc ended up looking okay just because of Erica's input in it. Otherwise it was really poorly written and the lack of ED's screentime really hurt her character.

In S8 I guess my love for her has only grown. I loved to see her vulnerable side, her sincerety to Clark, how she cared about Chloe and above all, how she reacted when she fell for Clark. In Infamous even when she finds out that he's RBB, she doesn't question him, she doesn't ask why he didn't tell her sooner. She simply accepts him and stands by him.

I think I can go on and on about S8 especially and how much I am thankful to PTB for finally giving the pivotal role to the woman who deserves it in this story, aka Lois Lane.

Comment

I already loved Lois and Clois, but after S8 I've grown to love Lois and Clois even more.

Comment

I've always been a fan of Lois/Clois. Having said that, Im still not convinced that I want the TPTB to try to touch the awesomeness that is Clois. The writing is often inconsistent and up until this point it's been one sided...something that I as a Cloiser have not been fond of...at all....

Comment

I like Lois the same and like CLois less, I dont care what other Cloiser's are doing I refuse to forget what the writers did in the middle of the season with Clark just brushing off Lois for Lana. No way in he double hockey sticks do I want Clark to even be given the slightest chance with Lois after that crap.

Comment

I've loved this version of Lois since the first scene of Crusade. I agree with Farm_Girl, Erica has done a splendid job with Lois in her earlier years and as a reporter now. Lois has been so consistent throughout. And although many things in her life come and go, her vibrant personality stays the same.

In S8, Lois was amazing! Everyone else, I had a problem with except for this character. Like I said, remained consistent. And I've grown to love this character even more than I ever had before.

Clois has also improved! I tell you, whether its awkward conversations, tensions, bantering or easy chats, Clois has been nothing short of awesome. And more was explored within this relationship this season. Sure, we had disappointments...very hard-to-get-over disappointments, but compared to season 7, we sure did get a lot of Clois!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
              To answer the question - Has my opinion of Clois/Lois changed in S8? - Yes. I am FINALLY warming to Clois after all this time, and Lois has become a lot more bearable. I still HATE the fact that she is billed as a so-called "veteran" reporter when she is still extremely green herself. I mean she started at the Inquisitor in S6, and then moved into the DP in S7, and instantly became a reporter with her only experience being that she worked at a tabloid. To make matters worse, they have her sleep with the boss. As a long time fan of Lois Lane in general, I resented the fact that her move into journalism was light-switched and fast-tracked as a whole. I mean she spends the whole time denouncing journalism and saying she has no desire to be a reporter, only to change her mind in the span of one episode. I have always hated how the writers seem to think that just because a character has a name like Clark Kent, Lois Lane, etc that they can just shove them into their future roles without laying the groundwork for it.

For the first four eps of S4 both Lois and Clois were fine with me. In regards to Clois, there was sexual tension and some nice forshadowing. In regards to Lois, she had more of a purpose for being there. First it was to solve Chloe's murder, and then it was to finish up at Smallville High to get the creds she needed to get into Met U. This included a little journalistic forshadowing as well with her pride in the article she wroted in Facade. We had a nice little four episode arc that ended with "see yah around Smallville." It was tied up nicely and it would have been a cool little shout out to the future. I could even see Lois coming back and guest starring a few episodes per season. However starting with Spell it all went downhill and from then until S7, I didn't really care for Clois or Lois.

Lois and Clark turned into a bickering brother and sister type relationship. The chemistry went out the door, and the writers became determined to make the viewers question why they ever end up together in the first place. In regards to Lois, the writers unfortunately decided that Erica Durance needed to be in 13 episodes every season, and they can't think of any useful ways to use her or develop her character. So when she isn't bickering with Clark, she is serving coffee, dating future heroes and being a COS for Johnathan/Martha. They even had Lois pimp a car in Sollitude. All Lois being there did was make me wish more and more that Chloe would somehow eventually become Lois. Especially with the whole Chimmy debacle.

In every other version of the story, I have loved Clois. Probably my favorite fictional pairing. Smallville changed that for me unfortunately. However, season eight is FINALLY starting to bring me around, and I find myself rooting for it, which surprises the hell out of me. I also like Lois a lot more this season. It still bugs the hell out of me that she is being billed as a "veteran reporter" when she is still extremely green herself. But, Lois has been much more tolerable this year, and I am loving the Clois. Erica Durance also looks MUCH better as a brunette and is looking very good this season too.

So thanks to S8 for changing my mind on Clois and warming me to Lois.
              I also pretty much agree with this. Lois/Clois is not quite there yet, as I thought there were still several missteps this season with regards to both, but I can finally see the potential for greatness inherent in their story. That's why Stiletto is in my top 5 episodes of this season. After nearly 3 years of Smallville showing us a Lois who was, frankly, a piss-poor reporter, Lois finally hits rock bottom and fabricates a story, the worst thing a reporter can do. But by the end of the episode, she's recognised her mistake and she's grown from it, something I'd never seen from her before when it came to her other journalism faux pas. This was the transition episode needed to set Lois on her journey from where she was, to "Best reporter at the Daily Planet".

And not only did we get all that, but we got some great Clois as well. None of it felt at all hammered in like episodes early in the season, it all felt very natural. And that last scene with the "Red Blue Blur" was definitely pretty cool (Not the phone call I would have chosen for greatest scene this season, but I digress ).
              Last edited by rowan sjet; 08-04-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Nothing's changed for me. I still want Clark and Lois together I just wish I could see the day when they stop acting like they don't like each other. I'm sick of it what's with them not being allowed to be together? It sucks god just let Clark get close to Lois already!!!

Comment

Lois Lane - Like her the same as the first episode I saw her in. She blew me away and I have been completely love sick over this character since then!

Lois & Clark Relationship - Was not a fan of the relationship as far as this series goes until season 8, but that was due to Clark Kent and not liking him very much for the first couple of seasons because he was always broody and whiny and I find that very unattractive and Lois deserves better than that. In season 8, I watched Committed and I saw Clark finally behaving like Superman. He was charming, confident, and above all else self-sufficient.

Comment

I'm so glad to see so many Clois and Lois lovers out there : )

Comment

I started to love Smallville Clois in season 8. Before that, I just liked them. I love Chlark very much too... But I guess it's safe to say that Clois will end up together.
                      Last edited by Unshippedpaper; 08-26-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
                        I'm so glad to see so many Clois and Lois lovers out there : )
                        ^^ me too!

Comment

I have always been a fan of Lois and Clois. It keeps getting better as SV focuses more on their story.

Comment

Always loved lois and clois and nothing's gonna change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                              Like so many things on this show, it was left ambiguous so fans could go either way with it.
                              Lois slept with her boss, Grant, in Season Seven...

I disagree about this being ambiguous. See episode 8 "Blue" when Lois is talking to Chloe and I quote:

Lois: “Looks like someone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning.”
                              Chloe: “At least I woke up in my own bed.”
                              Lois: “What's that supposed to mean? I told you I was working on a story.”
                              Chloe: “A story about a reporter and her editor getting an exclusive between
                              the sheets?"
                              Lois: “Look, Chloe--”
                              Chloe: “I know your impulsive, Lo, but come on.”
                              Lois: “It wasn't impulse. It's not like I did a double gainer blindly off a cliff.”
                              Chloe: “Don't be surprised if you pancake faster than you think I mean, with all the people in the world, you had to end up with your editor?”
                              Lois: “Okay, so I strayed into the minefield of misguided romance again, but I swear, Chloe, it had nothing to do with me getting the job or getting ahead.”
                              Lois: “You don't believe me, do you?
                              Chloe: “I do believe you. The problem is will anyone else, Lois? Gossip spreads faster than a bad rash and sooner or later, people are going to start scratching. Assuming one thing, Lois Lane jump-started her career on her managing editor's Diehard battery.”
                              Lois: “Let them think what they want. I am not going to let water-cooler chitchat
                              splash cold water on my previously nonexistent personal life."
                              Chloe: “Fine, you're a big girl. You can do whatever you want. If you want to be taken seriously as a reporter you have to break this off before it breaks your career.”

This dialogue was taken directly from the episode and you'll notice Lois DID NOT dispute Chloe's allegations. As a matter of fact she enforced them. The writers may not have wanted to portray Lois in this way but they did. Even at the end of the episode, she led Chloe to believe she broke up with Grant but her text message ("Can't wait til tonight") indicated otherwise. She secretly carried on the affair (Gemini scene in the stockroom) which tells me she knew it was wrong but didn't care about Chloe or anyone else.

This single episode changed my opinion of Lois Lane. It was at this point, I hoped the series would end prematurely before TPTB had a chance to try to put Lois and Clark together. For me, their relationship is no longer believable. I understood Lois falling in love with Oliver but IMO, sleeping with the boss to get into the Daily Planet is more than I could take!!!

Comment

This is a SUPER-old thread, but I did find it to be interesting. Season 8 WAS the season when I began to truly like Lois -- loved her, even. She became one of my three favorite characters for that season, and that's saying something, considering how often I was irritated at her character in her earlier appearances. As for Clois, while I could tell they were amping up the upcoming romance between the pair, I felt the same way about it as I had in the past -- rather ambivalent, and generally against it. Now, don't jump on me for that -- I was, and still am, a Chlarker, and Season 8 was the first time Lana was FULLY out of the picture, so I'd HOPED that might give my Chlarker friends and me one last Chlarky hurrah. It didn't happen... but Clois was entertaining to watch, and it is the mythos relationship, so I respect it. But yeah... LOIS LANE ROCKED in Season 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎