Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Fifth Episode Ever? (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committed is way better than any of the others, IMO. Perry was pretty good, but Committed still wins.

Comment

• "Committed" may have had some cool moments, especially for fans of the Clois ship as something to keep them satisfied and talking, and some chilling scary stuff in it, but in my mind, there are still two 5th episodes that can beat it.

"Perry" was classic. Michael McKean OWNED that character, and I've been hoping for his return for five seasons now (with no luck so far). Why they never followed up on that storyline, I'll never know.

"Run" was one of the best "introduce a future Justice League member" episodes. Bart was funny, charismatic, and cool, and his relationship with Clark had a nice brotherly vibe that I hadn't really seen much of since "Stray" and "Ryan."

The rest of them weren't particularly awesome. "Cool," "Nocturne," and "Action were pretty much clunkers, "Thirst" was disturbingly gross, and "Reunion" was just slightly subpar.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

• run
        perry
        reunion
        cool
        nocturne
        thirst
        committed
        action

Comment

• It was really awesome to include Bart in Smallville and the episode was actually really good so I choose that one.

Comment

• I love "Committed" and "Reunion" (can't believe it has gotten so few votes). It's a hard decision, but I have to choose "Committed."

I just love the interaction between Clark and Lois. Erica Durance was wonderful in this episode, especially where she said she loved Clark. I am also a firm believer that, even though they didn't say it, Chloe was able to use her Brainiac powers to fool the machine when she said she loved Jimmy. I still, even with S8 being over, don't believe that she ever truly loved him.

I also loved the scene where they told Oliver they were getting married. Hilarious.

Oh, and I loved the dark tone to this episode, although it had some nice lightness mixed in. I think this season played the darker side much more, and much better, than any season before. This season had a lot less cheesy moments (yet they were still there. Hello "Stiletto") and had darker story-lines, which is why it is my favorite season.

Anyway, my list goes:

1. Committed
            2. Reunion
            3. Perry
            4. Run
            5. Action
            6. Cool
            7. Thirst
            8. Nocturne
            Last edited by Nerf; 06-01-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• I have to admit that "Reunion" was a better episode than I originally thought after watching it a second time. And BTW, you brought up an interesting point about Chloe's possibly being able to fool the polygraph test machine with her latent Brainiac abilities. It is HIGHLY possible that Brainiac within her would've overridden the machine without the jeweler realizing it, or perhaps even Chloe, to keep his host alive.

I, too, really did enjoy Season 8 as well, with the exception of a few moments that were a little TOO gory, even for a dark season, and of course the whole Jimmy/Henry death/retcon deal.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

• Committed

Comment

• Committed

Comment

• Committed all the way..!!

Comment

• Run is the best superhero episode ever

Comment

Working...
                      X