Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old guy
    I think the "heat" from his heat vision is just a special effect done for the audience's benefit so we know what he is doing. I think it is similar to the blurring of his colors when he super-speeds. We see the blur so we know that he's super speeding. To the other characters, it would be like the "view from Lana's perspective" in Promise during Season 6: no blurring, it just looks like he disappears in thin air.
    Well said. I agree 100%

Comment

FX were low keyed but the Effect was great - really enjoyed how they showed - and in some cases - didn't show Clark's abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cage
        FX were low keyed but the Effect was great - really enjoyed how they showed - and in some cases - didn't show Clark's abilities.
        exactly very cool though with the super breath and the other 3 abilities he used during the show.

Comment

I watched the clip again. And it is definitely NOT super-breath. He just super-sped through it.

Comment

The last time (before this time) that Clark used superbreath, was in Sneeze right? I can't remember seeing it in any other episode than in Sneeze and here...

Comment

He used it in "Freak"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlur
                I watched the clip again. And it is definitely NOT super-breath. He just super-sped through it.
                You must not be watching what everyone else saw. How obvious could it be? You see the air wave ripples in like a tunnel shape to show it's wind. Plus you hear the sound effects. He did NOT super speed through that or he would have come through the wall with the debris. Hello?!?

Comment

YEES...
                  he used super-breath in this episode

the last time he used super-breath was in freak... when he stole the laptop of Dr. Robert Bethany

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlur
                    Uh... no...

It definitely was super breath.

Comment

Honestly, I was sure it was super speed too but after some people here spoke about super breath, I watched it again and I don't find it's very clear...

Comment

It's clearly superbreath. You can hear the same wind sound as when he's used it in the past.

Comment

I have watched again (lol it makes several times for the "again") and you are right it's superbreath but I don't find it is very well done, it was not so obvious...

Comment

Enjoyed the special effects. They weren't Clark flying through the clouds but I'm sure we'll see that again soon.
                            I really loved the vertical shot capturing Clark speeding through the streets to get to the basement.

Comment

I think that heat vision has become terrible comparing to the 3rd or 4th season, which was like 5 years ago.
                              Speed is much better, I like the breath also, but heat vision looks too artificial, it's too bright and ugly... I hope they'll improve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎