Half hour breakdown:

Smallville
    8:00 p.m. V: 3.93 m, A18-49: 1.6/ 5
    8:30 p.m. V: 4.37 m, A18-49: 1.8/ 5

Comment

Oops. I guess I said the wrong thing
      I am so happy the rating are going up

Comment

That's a pretty big increase for the second half of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Brilliant!Instinct was a great episode and it kept viewers hooked for Committed.Last night's episode wasn't quite as good and i hope that this won't make viewers miss Prey.I think Prey will be a pivotal episode for the rest first half of the season.But 4.15(and possibly even higher) is fantastic.Congrats to PS3 who have kept the product fresh and enjoyable.
          You think people tuned into "Committed" because of "Instinct"? You don't think that the promos for "Committed" had anything to do with it's success? Also, you thought that last week's episode was better than this week? To me, this week was just "Part Two" of last week's episode. The plot just carried over seamlessly and built one the story that began last week.

I can of see these two episodes like a "Part One" and "Part Two" kind of a deal.

Comment

So the real ratings are the average between the two half hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
              Yes.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                  Yes.
                  Originally posted by JAMHEXXX
                  Yes.

Thank you both for answering my question That was a pretty big increase between the first half hour and the second. That makes me think that Lois and Clark are what people want to see more of.

I do have another question....Is Lois in "Prey"

Comment

I do have another question....Is Lois in "Prey"
                    Nope.

Comment

Considering many people had threatened to stop watching the show after "Instinct", it's impressive to see an increase on "Committed"

Comment

Thank you both for answering my question That was a pretty big increase between the first half hour and the second. That makes me think that Lois and Clark are what people want to see more of.
                        Well, from what I've understood, the first half hour is measured at a point within the first 5 minutes of the episode. The last half hour is measured at a point about 5 minutes from the end of the episode. The reason they average it out is so that can measure who watched from beginning to end, in a manner of speaking.

So, really, I think that the viewers in the 2nd half hour are closer to the the "real" figures... because some folks don't tune in the first couple of minutes (right at 8:00, before the credits).

This is why Supernatural's ratings are usually higher in the first half than the second half... folks from Smallville carry over into their ratings and beef up the first half.

This is why every network's toughest call is what show will lead their prime-time. The show that gets the 8:00pm slot is usually the one they have the most confidence in, because they believe that it'll have generate enough interest with viewers to carry over to the other shows.

Of course, as Tivo/DVR usage increases, the networks are finding that viewers have less of a tendency to just stick with one channel throughout the night. So, they're scrambling to figure out ways to get around that. That's why you see a lot of them do things like 'go over" by 1 or two minutes into the next hour. That allows them to grab ratings for an episode of Show B, even though those are viewers who were watching Show A. It artificially inflates the ratings and allows them to charge more for advertising. NBC was very bad about this. And, now, so is ABC.

Comment

Wow! Supernatural did awful! #5 - 3.06 mil

In defense of SN, It was up against new episodes of CSI, GA, SNL, Office and KN. Wow!

Smallville beat "Hole in the Wall" Have you seen it! OMG, It's horrible. and I 've watched "Wipeout" a few times, didn't think anything could be worse than that

Marc Berman said "and the aging Smallville". Why can't he give SV props for gaining in the ratings from last week! What is up with MB and Smallville?
                          Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-17-2008, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I'm really thrilled that SV's numbers actually went up a bit. Thats great I'm not attributing the ratings to anything other then the fact that I think a lot of viewers just watch SV for what it is, and for Clark, and they take things in stride in a way that on-line viewers generally don't, IMO.

Comment

The finals then will be around 4.19/4.2 million

Comment

Yes we're still in the 4 millions, too bad Lois isn't in "Prey."
                                I wanna see some awkward talks between them, talking about their relationship... well there is always the remaining episodes I guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎