Music from "Committed"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOD NOTE:I went ahead and changed the title since the music is great no matter who has been putting it together....

Comment

I think it was eas that said it, we need the soundtrack back, I have about 30 songs in my ipod that I got from Smallville, from Lifehouse, Dishwalla, Depeche Mode, 3 doors down, etc. now we only get scores, which are great, dont get me wrong but IMO we could use the pop songs apearing once in a while.

Comment

"Lois and Clark" trombone slide?

I heard two of the trombone slides that they used in "Lois and Clark" when they wanted to finish off a humorous scene. The first one was when Lois woke up on the couch the trombone slide occurred and then there was another one later on. I wonder if TPTB did that on purpose to honor the old TV show. I really don't like them but they were a bit softer in Committed.

Comment

Clark and Lois now have their own love theme

quite a few people have brought this up in various places, Clark and Lois now have their own love theme, its a sort of mix between the movie music and an original composition.

It's most apparent in the elevator but you also hear strings of it at the end of Odyssey

that Being said, I love the fact that this show has become more cinematic, its moved away from teen drama with the use of contemporary songs, and is now big on the movie type score.

Comment

There was licensed music being played at the engagement party -- you can hear it when they cut the cake and then show Lois.

I'm really loving Louis Febre's scoring. I especially love the bells that played quite noticeably in the elevator scene. It's magical.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdragon
              wow...that's a record for smallville....no music for 5 episodes
              Perhaps I am wrong but I wonder if it is not done on purpose. I mean perhaps it will be the trademark for this season : no songs from "outside". Just music which sounds "epic", it's a new team, all the characters are on the way to the Superman myth so I will find this quite logical...

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎