No announcement yet.

What About the Caves, Y'all?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About the Caves, Y'all?

Here Clark is all focused on getting back that crystal from Tess to cure Chloe by resurrecting the fortress and Jor-El, when all he needs to do is go to the Kawatche caves with the octagonal disc, find the covered-over spot, use some heat vision to remove the "scar tissue" and put the key in. After all, before the Fortress was built, Jor-El was still communicating with Clark via the cave wall in Seasons 3 & 4, so the AI that is Jor-El obviously must be portable, to an extent. Surprised the writers left such an obvious loophole open in creating the demise of Jor-El and the Fortress. Shame on them!

Yeah, I was curious about this aswell.

The writers don't have the cave set anymore which is the official reason probably.

As for the reason on the show, the caves didn't really do anything compared to what the fortress could do, and maybe the FOS being destroyed damaged the connection? Who knows.

Comment

two theories i have on that is. First, cave/portal could have been destroyed with the fortress the two are linked obviously. When the fortress is restored the portal could also be restored and it could just keep being "mentioned" as clarks way in and out. Its a bit of a reach but hey its smallville anything is possible. Not like its out of the realm of Jor-els ability to do things. He can bend space and time and raise the dead but he can;t perform maintenance? it wouldn't be right.

Second
      Clark may simply not have "thought of it yet" simply because that episode has yet to air on tv. It would be kinda cool to see clark say " i remember when i went after the stones originally i got info from jor-el in the caves to assist in finding them. I wonder if i go back if i will be able to communicate with him again?" Though who knows what the full effects of that purple orb thingy were. speaking of which i wonder were that orb is now?

Comment

Either with Lex or Tess I'm assuming...

Comment

I was wondering about this also.Too bad if they can't have them anymore,I guess we should just assumed they were destroyed with the FOS.I would be cool if CK would at least talk about this possibility.

Comment

Here's what I thought. Could the Jor-El AI have been downloaded from the caves into the crystal? If so, he'd still be in that instead of the caves.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎