No announcement yet.

Other characters besides Robin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other characters besides Robin?

While I'm still VERY iffy on this show due to the fact I don't really think there's going to be a lot of material to work with, I'm interested in how they're going to try and pull this off. But besides Dick and his family, what other characters would you be interested in seeing?

I think it would be great if they'd put Tony Zucco in. And I know it's just wishful thinking, but if the show would take place in Gotham, I think it'd be great if they threw in Harvey Dent for a few apperances.

Maybe they could have Nightwing travel back in time? Its a long shot but I had to throw it out there

Comment

LoL, Nightwing or RedRobin. Somehow in the middle of a performance a BOOM Tube opens and Nightwing steps out. LoL. Ya never know, anything's possible I guess.

Comment

Hmmm...Selena Kyle, maybe. Barbara Gordon...I know, I know, these are all people he knows during his days with the Bat but in Smallville they introduced characters Clarkie shouldn't have known until later on so why not do the same in The Graysons?

Comment

Make it stop. Smallville has done enough damage to the Superman continuity, now they are going to go after the Bats! No I say! Lets work with lesser known superheroes. There is no shortage of 3rd tier they could use.
          Or more wisely do a Green Arrow spinoff and Cyborg, MM, Flash (Impulse) Aquaman, etc could guest star regularly thru the season, they could bring in typical DC villians, Dinah and Oliver would have a little on again off again thing. The Smallville writers love that sort of thing. They could even write in Chloe as a main character. Maybe she could pine after Oliver now. Oliver is rich, gadgety, almost like bats in style if not substance.

Comment

His parents are a must, he'll need a best friend/sidekick character. in the comics dick and clark are really close, when batman fired him from robin dick went to superman for guidence. so they could throw clark in there. tony zucco would be a good character to have in the show too i think

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

i just thought that somehow if the could show blockbustr or slade that would be awesome. (those were two of Dicks biggest enemies)
            Last edited by arand08; 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

instead of Dick having a sidekick/bestfriend, maybe HE should be a sidekick for his friend. that would be more metaphorical, and lead up to whats to come in his future.I'd really like to see him progress as being the typical sidekick...then join batman later in the series, and then grow into the big "Superhero" role, and finish off the series as Nightwing. that would make me tingle inside. haha

As for other characters I'd like to see...well, we can always incorporate villains. I wouldn't necessarily go after big name guys (i.e. joker, catwoman, penguin, riddler, etc), but maybe some of the littler guys. Idk....Killer croc, deadeye, bane, or even Clayface might work. they'd just have to tune the down a little, just like smallville does. make them more believable in the setting.

good guys...I'd put money down that they'd introduce Barbara Gordon to the show. And i would hope that Batman would be making OCCASIONAL appearances. At least in the beginning. Then they could introduce him later as a main character if they really wanted to. I think it could work.

I'm really excited for this series. Smallville is my favorite show, and I feel really confident that The Graysons could be done well. Let's hope it doesn't get canceled before we even get a glimpse of it. (Mercy Reef! )

Comment

barbara gordon and red X as a recurring villain

Comment

I know

mod edit
                  Last edited by jimmyolsenblues; 10-24-2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I think I have a better idea, I believe there was once a comic book series called Gotham Central, the series dealt with the cops of Gotham City with Batman merely a secondary character in the series and rarely appeared. The series is a pretty nifty idea as there were lots of interesting characters involved and it dealt with corruption, lesbianism among officers and a metahuman who worked in a police department with special abilities. Moreover, this series took place during the time Gordon retired from the GCPD and replaced by Micheal Akins who was a good cop but was later corrupted which has potential to be a great storyline. Batman's presence can be very limited as in the series, he can appear merely as a shadow inside Akin's office, a reflection in a cop's eye or just a shadow passing over a building after the cops arrive and finds the bad guys tied up. As I said this has the potential to be a great series and can bring many DC characters, the original comic series managed to bring in the Teen Titans into one of it's storylines. So I'm still hoping for a series like it.

Comment

Anything/Anyone would be better than Dick Grayson (Robin), though we're missing the fact that its called The Graysons. DG will be one of the main characters, but not the entire show.

Comment

Originally posted by Violet-Shadow
                        Hmmm...Selena Kyle, maybe. Barbara Gordon...I know, I know, these are all people he knows during his days with the Bat but in Smallville they introduced characters Clarkie shouldn't have known until later on so why not do the same in The Graysons?
                        Just when you think it cannot get worse......

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎