No announcement yet.

Why did Clark turn Maxima down?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Clark turn Maxima down?

Just wondered why Clark turned Maxima down?

He was obviously feeling her HOT herself and I feel the reason he was so passionate with her was partly 'cos he knew she was also an alien too so he could be free with her and not worry about injuring her.

He looked genuinely reluctant to let her go at the end.

I'll have to rewatch it but did she want him to go to her planet with her? If she did I can understand him saying i'm needed here on earth. But if not he should have said yes and tapped that fine ass. It's about time he had some crazy wild passion with a woman. But I guess she may be back later in the season to get him hot under the collar once more

It did seem like he was torn about what he should do. I think Clark is very lonely right now and being with someone like him was very tempting. He did what he thought he should do and that is stay on earth like he told others along the way. It is his home where everyone and everything he cares about is.

Comment

Clark felt the UST with Maxima but not a real connection. That's what he feels with Lois, who just by yelling his name was able to snap him out of the endorphin rush. He probably didn't even think "Why am I rushing after Lois when I should be stopping this amped up alien who's been killing men." He just did it. And Lois called him on it but he still stuck around to explain himself to Lois and listen to her opinion.

Maxima did ask him to come with him, but everything and everyone he has ever known or loved is here on Earth. He's not going to leave that behind. He did seem torn but in my opinion it was more sadness for himself and also for Maxima. They are both lonely and all they want is a soulmate, but Clark is able to realize that Maxima, despite the attraction of love without physical limitations, is not his destiny. And he feels bad for her because he is sending her home. Alone.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
        Clark felt the UST with Maxima but not a real connection. That's what he feels with Lois, who just by yelling his name was able to snap him out of the endorphin rush. He probably didn't even think "Why am I rushing after Lois when I should be stopping this amped up alien who's been killing men." He just did it. And Lois called him on it but he still stuck around to explain himself to Lois and listen to her opinion.

Maxima did ask him to come with him, but everything and everyone he has ever known or loved is here on Earth. He's not going to leave that behind. He did seem torn but in my opinion it was more sadness for himself and also for Maxima. They are both lonely and all they want is a soulmate, but Clark is able to realize that Maxima, despite the attraction of love without physical limitations, is not his destiny. And he feels bad for her because he is sending her home. Alone.
        Yeah, to All you said. He does seem quite lonely, but I think working with Lois helps him move on. And, 'Clarkbunny', you may or may not have been around when a lot of us fans were discussing Clark's moral values as compared to Superman's moral values in the future. When Clark was a teenager, with fresh, raging hormones, his parents made every effort to strongly instill sexual morality in him. He was taught that casual sex was unacceptable behavior, and that a deep commitment should be entered into before making that choice. I know it may sound 'preachy', but that's what he was taught to hold up as a standard. Unless he's completely uninhibited by Red-K, he usually won't even Kiss a woman he doesn't know. So, eventhough the 'super' endorphin rush induced by Maxima made him throw himself into the 'heat' of the moment, and it Has been a Long time since Clark's been 'intimate' with anyone, he still became embarrassed by his behavior when Lois caught them. He didn't just 'go for it' with Maxima because he's "the big blue boyscout". It seems as though he Empathized with Maxima, but he couldn't follow her to her home planet and 'set up house' with an alien stranger, IMO.

Comment

Because she killed people and he doesn't want to be with a dangerous killer. Then again Lana killed people as well.

But Maxima wanted to bring him to her planet & he didn't want to go. Plus having her around would be anything buy inconspicuous.

Comment

In their last scene in the Alley, Clark was very clearly conflicted and sad. I think he was conflicted because he is lonely, horny and he knew she was right: there is not a better match for him on this planet physically and sexually. He turned her down because there was not enough connection on any other level to convince him to leave earth to be with her.

Comment

Originally posted by scifigirl
              In their last scene in the Alley, Clark was very clearly conflicted and sad. I think he was conflicted because he is lonely, horny and he knew she was right: there is not a better match for him on this planet physically and sexually. He turned her down because there was not enough connection on any other level to convince him to leave earth to be with her.
              So true. Despite the release leaving Earth would have provided, the attraction was chemically induced. It wasn't even real. Apparently, Clark decided to go for potential real over sure fake.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Because she killed people and he doesn't want to be with a dangerous killer. Then again Lana killed people as well.

But Maxima wanted to bring him to her planet & he didn't want to go. Plus having her around would be anything buy inconspicuous.
                You're aboslutely right... Lana killed more people than Maxima ever did (at least in this planet)
                I found this eppy very hot and the way that Clark reacted was even hotter and I just wanted clark to act on his insticts for once, I dunno I felt that he was truly happy for at least that moment. The elevator scene it was so hot and she knew how to turn him on =o
                But the way he looked at Lois it was as if they were married already and he was caught red handed.
                Great eppy...

Comment

Originally posted by scifigirl
                  Plus, he wants to be the protector of the planet. He's putting off his own desires to save humanity--a big trait of Superman. I want to see more of that though. I didn't like that Chloe told him to go and help others. He's smart enough to know that already.

Comment

I remember that he seemed very conflicted about that, then she mentions that it is their destiny to be together and he snaps out of it and opens the portal to send her back. I think the key word here is destiny.

Comment

At the mention of destiny I think he remembered his destiny was to help Earth, and he can't do that on another planet.

He defenatly was conflicted though, because she also had powers, was an alien, and could relate, I think the thing what almost got him to go was; "You'll never be alone."

Comment

Wait, wait, wait...

Lana Lang killed/murdered someone in Smallville? I can't recall her having killed anyone. Attacked, threatened, abused, misused, manipulated, etc... but killed? Nah... who'd she kill?

Comment

the way i understood it is he feels a stronger connection to Lois and when she interrupted them in the lift that made him come out of Maxima's spell.

Comment

because in the words of maxima no matter how cheesy they sound
                            "you have a deep connection to clark kent; you may not realize it now but its there"
                            or something along those lines
                            of why clark was able to pull away because clark "would never have been able to pull away if there wasn't something there between you two"

Comment

I can see everyone's points.

I think Clark was torn because, on a very logical level, he knows that she is very agressive to the point of homicide (hello! how about just asking these men if they are human or kryptonian before giving them the kiss of death?) and that Clark and Maxima barely know each other.

On the other hand, he is prone to loneliness. He knows that even if he honed his abilities to the point where he felt he could have a healthy sex life, he would still outlive his wife even if she died of old age.

Also, he knows from his relationship with Lana that a human wife would always be targeted by his enemies and would always be vulnerable to danger because of not only his decision to be a superhero, but just because he is Kal-el of Krypton and has a secret to protect. If he went back to Almerac with Maxima, things could be much different.

In the end he realized that although they would make good sex partners, they are not soulmates or destined to be husband and wife. Clark would rather be his own man and follow his own destiny even if that means that he will go it alone, than to be the "trophy wife" of a Queen of another alien race on another distant planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎