Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sylar power plot hole

i could be worng but didnt syler
    have no power in seasion 1
    he stole his first power from a naive guy ???
    sure he was a good watchman but when he came to test is power
    mohander father told him he has no powers
    and that is why he later killed him

in the previous seasions it was established that syler kills
    becouse he feels he is the only one worthy of this powers
    and he wanted to feel speical and make his mother proud of him

what is the all deal with his power to understand things ???
    and why does this power need to have him rip some head off ??
    are the writers of that show are so eager for a plot that they change
    the all story ???

ok I'm pretty sure Sylar has the same ability as Peter he had just not come in contact with any abilities. So when Suresh Sr. Told him he had no Powers "the hunger" took over and he went on a hunt for powers and like peter he couldn't control "the hunger".
    Here's what I think were in for for the whole sylar being a petrelli I imagine him and Peter were without abilities as children so Mrs. Petrelli the crazy woman she is wanted to make them special so I take it when it hit Gabriel it was unsucessful and thats y he was sent away. While Peter getting abilities was successful.
    yep that just happened

Comment

Sylar always had the power to understand how things work, Suresh's equipment just couldn't detect it because it wasn't good enough, or the way the power works isn't detectable by anything...

With his power, it gives him a hunger to know more and to be more, so he kills people to "read" their brain to find things out, including how their power works, so he can use it.

The way I understand it, the evolved people have the power, and a certain part of the brain controls it, so Sylar can find out what part of the brain it is, and using his own power of understanding it, find out how his brain works, and activate that part of the brain, thus giving him the power.

It's not a plothole, it's just confusing (Kind of)

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
        Sylar always had the power to understand how things work, Suresh's equipment just couldn't detect it because it wasn't good enough, or the way the power works isn't detectable by anything...

With his power, it gives him a hunger to know more and to be more, so he kills people to "read" their brain to find things out, including how their power works, so he can use it.

The way I understand it, the evolved people have the power, and a certain part of the brain controls it, so Sylar can find out what part of the brain it is, and using his own power of understanding it, find out how his brain works, and activate that part of the brain, thus giving him the power.

It's not a plothole, it's just confusing (Kind of)
        Probably had this abillity sense he was Micah age just was'nt aware. I imagine when he was 12 and he found another 12 year old that had like the abillity to change the color of anything he could have easly hit the kid in the head knocking him out. After looking at the brain and doing whatever he did to Claire he would the had the abillity to change the color of anything. Being a 12 year old kid he would have been like cool. However he did'nt know he could do that until he was in his late 20's.

Comment

Sylar's inherent power is Intuitive Aptitude. It's very different from any of the other powers, in the following ways:

Chandra couldn't detect it, though the math said that Gabriel had to have some power.
          The Curare couldn't stop it.
          The Hatian couldn't block it.
          The Virus didn't disable it.
          HRG couldn't detect it when they analised his DNA
          Peter couldn't copy it automatically, like he could with all his other powers.

Comment

i dont agree
            syler had no power in seasion 1
            he wanted to be someone important so he killed
            this all need to understand power is a new direction they are taking us
            cause they need some new plot

Comment

I thought the virus did disable it. Otherwise he would have copied the illusionists abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManOfTommrow2
                i dont agree
                Sylar DID have a power in season 1, just like it has been forever. HE UNDERSTANDS HOW THINGS WORK!

By understanding he can change things/work out variables or replicate them, thus thats how he steals the power. Do you not remember season 1, because it explains it then! He understood how the telekinetic man used his power and thats how he gained his second power.

Peter wanted the power of understanding how things work, so he can work out how the stop the world from exploding in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManOfTommrow2
                  i dont agree
                  See, Tim Kring's opinion matters more than yours, and he disagrees with you. He disagreed with you in season 1.

Did you even see Six Months Ago? It was extremely clear in the very episode where he kills Brain Davis what his power is. Clocks start ticking. "He was right. It's in the brain. Let's see how you work." Sylar, at least since they cast Zachary Quinto to play him, has always had the power of Intuitive Aptitude.

Comment

plus sylar had powers from ep 1 of season 1 and then they retconned it in "six months ago" saying he had no "DEMONSTRATABLE" abilities for Chandra Suresh to view. His ability was nothing that could be seen...it was an inherent understanding of how things worked. so YES he DID have a power but it was one that could not be seen. They are NOT changing things to make way for this new story! If you don't understand something re-view the episodes before complaining of the show being wrong or stupid or changing whole stories to fit their needs. This is a show you have to watch multiple times to understand so just breathe...go get the dvds...and figure out what info you are missing

Comment

Wow I feel like such a tard cuz season 1 was so long ago but seriously Sylars Power seems very similar to Peter's he just has to kill and understand how to get the ability as where Peter just has to be around someone and then copies it

Comment

Man of tomorrow...are you watching the same show as the rest of us? It's been extremely clear from the start that Sylar has intuitive aptitude. In fact, go to the heroes Wiki, its there, and has been for years. Thats why the clock ticking thing happens with him. thats why he says things about 'how things work'...it's always been there, it simply is not something that you can 'demonstrate'. Suresh was looking for flight, or regeneration, or super strength, something that can be shown, he wasn't looking for something as deep seated as that.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎