No announcement yet.

The steamy Clark/ Maxima scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eas
    He was hot... but did you notice that he didn't do the intense frenching that the other actors were subjected to?? They took long shots of them kissing and it was normal kissing... I think Welling put his foot down. LOL

I felt bad for the actress... can you imagine how she felt when she got the script? "OK, so my whole role pretty much consists of kissing every guy I meet... with tongue. And they have to keep shooting it again and again, because they must SEE my tongue go down their throats."

I thought it was in poor taste... I could have done without the frenching and I would have preferred to have the Clark/Maxima make-out session to be shorter. To compensate, they could have had Welling shirt open longer during the Clark/Lois scene. That would have been a much better use of shirt-less Welling, imo. LOL
    I've got to agree with what you said here. The way they were shooting the scenes and the angles and the details they were shooting were in poor taste. I expect more from Smallville, it's supposed to be about Superman's journey, not cheap sex.

Comment

All this talk about the kissing scene and no mention of Lois' reaction? I think it was needed to be done for the sake of the Lois and Clark dynamic.

Comment

The U.S.A. Land of the repressed. Those Puritans did a whammy on our collective consciousness. While I agree it did drag on a teeny bit and maybe there could have been some different choices made, HELLO: This is Maxima! She wants to mate with Clark, not play solitaire. Maxima is a legitimate DC character who has a physical thing for Clark and is a valid part of Superman's journey. And it showed us Lois realizing that Clark isn't half bad and could be the one, but because she's not ready yet, she's in denial.

Re marriage and actors; well, why do you think there is such a trend for divorce with that set? I'm sure it's hard and makes me appreciate that much more those who actually make it work, especially with that crowd.
        Last edited by geminis; 10-10-2008, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I think it was a little over the top, but at the same time it was what Maxima's character was all about. I definitely was thinking 'wow they're going pretty far with this one' though.

Comment

Originally posted by Guidron
            I think it was a little over the top, but at the same time it was what Maxima's character was all about. I definitely was thinking 'wow they're going pretty far with this one' though.
            Yeah, I definitely thought it was TMI/overboard. Now us CLOIS-ers can defend ourselves when people complained about Crimson!

That just goes to show though.. when Clois gets together for real.. they are gonna be hotter (onscreen & offscreen) than Maxima's little 9 and 1/2 weeks moment.

Besides, Clark totally dissed her when he said "I don't want you". Hah! Take that intergalactic sex goddess. This Superman doesn't want you! He only has eyes for Lois Lane!

Comment

I thought it was interesting how much tongue action there was. The last time I saw frenching was way back in like season 2 or 3 when Clark and Lana first started dating.

Comment

I thought the headshot from last episode was something people would complain about! but no it's makeout scenes go figure.
                Last edited by Kevin24; 10-10-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I too was in an awkward situation as I was watching this episode with my son, and he kept on asking me why changed the channel and then I told him that Clark turned into a big scary monster.

Comment

All I can say about that scene is Wowaweewaaa (Borat style)

That scene was so HOT my screen almost melted. I loved it, I loved the passion and Clark's hands on Maxima's thighs - OMG, fantastic. It has been a Clark passion drought for ages so it was good to finally see some. Plus you could tell he was really letting lose 'cos he finally had an equal so he didn't have to worry about 'hurting' her.
                    Oh that was damn, steamy and sexy to say I enjoyed it would be an understatement.

Oh and I loved that 'Maxima ripped open Clark's shirt like it was Christmas morning'

also 'Welling put his foot down' (at the french kissing) YEAH he put his foot down but his hand up - straight up Maxima skirt

Comment

Originally posted by eas
                      He was hot... but did you notice that he didn't do the intense frenching that the other actors were subjected to?? They took long shots of them kissing and it was normal kissing... I think Welling put his foot down. LOL

I felt bad for the actress... can you imagine how she felt when she got the script? "OK, so my whole role pretty much consists of kissing every guy I meet... with tongue. And they have to keep shooting it again and again, because they must SEE my tongue go down their throats."

I thought it was in poor taste... I could have done without the frenching and I would have preferred to have the Clark/Maxima make-out session to be shorter. To compensate, they could have had Welling shirt open longer during the Clark/Lois scene. That would have been a much better use of shirt-less Welling, imo. LOL
                      I have to agree with you about Tom most likely putting his foot down about the french kissing. Ever since Smallville started he has always been honest about the fact he does not like doing love scenes. He once said he considers kissing to be an intimante gesture which he would prefer to share with his wife only. Here is a quote from Tom:
                      "Doing love scenes bothers me a lot! Kissing actresses whom I regard as my friends makes me feel uneasy. Itīs an intimate thing, and now that I am married I feel like Iīd cheat on my wife. Fortunately, my wife Jamie knows how fastidious and not at all romantic it is to shoot these scenes. So sheīs not worried about it." My guess is that Tom probably thought that doing an actual french kiss would be too much. In fact if you watch closely(as I have done) all of Tomīs kissing scenes(specially the "heavy ones") you can tell the actors arenīt really using their tongues at all, you can tell it is a simulated french kiss(specially if you compare them with the times Charlotte Sullivan had to use her tongue for real). There is also a radio interview in which someone asks Tom for an advice on doing kissing scenes and Tom says straight up:"Keep your tongue in your mouth." When the guy asks him if they ever really french kiss on movies and TV, Tom says that it happens, but that before doing those scenes the actors normally talk about that kind of stuff so they are both on the same page. What I understood from his answer is that maybe tongues might touch while you are trying to make the kiss look as real as possible, but since the actors talked before the scene it probably isnīt the same as a real french kiss. Afterall tongues touching accidentally isnīt the same as using your tongue intentionally and in a more intense manner like you do while french kissing for real. To be honest, regardless of the fact I love watching Tom in any kind of scene, I admire him for keeping certain things special for him and his wife only. I believe many actors would love to take advantage of doing scenes like this one. Charlotte Sullivan herself said in an interview that Tom was very respectful and a gentleman while doing the scene. You got to admire a guy like that.

PS.:I wonder if he feels the same way about being completely naked too, since he never really did a full nudity scene(neither on Tv nor in movies). Every time his characters appear totally naked you can tell itīs body double.
                      Last edited by NathalieSoares; 12-22-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

It was pretty racey for SV.

Comment

It was pretty darn sexy...
                          Spesh when she wrapped her leg around CK's

... I was like "Dayummmmm"
                          Maxima was pretty frickin fine
                          Just sayin'
                          CW steppin' up their love-game <3

Comment

Originally posted by NathalieSoares
                            Here is a quote from Tom:
                            "Doing love scenes bothers me a lot! Kissing actresses whom I regard as my friends makes me feel uneasy. Itīs an intimate thing, and now that I am married I feel like Iīd cheat on my wife. Fortunately, my wife Jamie knows how fastidious and not at all romantic it is to shoot these scenes. So sheīs not worried about it."
                            Good to know. Still that kiss in Red was smoking. LOL Seriously, I'm glad that TW is such a nice man in his real life.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎