No announcement yet.

Could Lois BE anymore Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curiosity
    Lois isn't annoying, at all. I don't find her annoying in the least bit, for any reason. I think her behavior is funny, lively and entertaining and never annoying.
    To most of us, it's not. To some, it is annoying. But from my dictionary, Annoying is good

Ya know, I tend to like Clois banter more than Clois being romantic and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
      In my other post, I said that I did like Clois. I actually prefaced the first post with that. I explained that in the other shows/movies, you get to see both sides of Lois. She interacts differently with Clark than she does with Superman, so it's not just constant bossy/annoying Lois - it's more of a balance, which is what I'm hoping SV will do. Banter is fine, but I don't want the majority of their interaction to be banter - I'd like some real conversations between them, too - conversations in which Clark gets to speak and not just sigh, roll his eyes and listen. It's cute for a few minutes, but not so much after that. Then again, this is just my opinion.
      I think your username might be a hint as to why you don't like Lois. If you want Clana4life, no offence, but you aren't going to like Lois on SV, no matter how great Clois is.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kiariclois
      To most of us, it's not. To some, it is annoying. But from my dictionary, Annoying is good

Ya know, I tend to like Clois banter more than Clois being romantic and stuff.
      Me too. I'd rather have action.
      Last edited by curiosity; 10-09-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Big Bang Theory fans anyone? Sheldon is obviously a big DC/Flash fan cuz he's always wearing Flash shirts.

And for those who are fans you'll get this reference: Lois is a big ole 5!
        Meaning she likes to initiate certain types of activities... And Clark won't mind, you saw how fast he left Maxima for Lois with all those endorphins (ah lovely word) rushing through his system.

And also, Lois is all walls. Annoying, bantering, rudeness, it's all a defense mechanism. But Clark with his super strength and x-ray vision can see right through those walls and break them down.

Comment

I love the way Lois is, she's a tough witty intelligent woman and she has trouble showing her softer side, but it's there. She cares about Clark alot more than she lets on, she loves him already, just not in the way theyre destined for. She's a little frightened that people think she has deeper feelings for Clark. She doesn't like not being in control. I think she's great

Comment

lois is annoying and you know what, i love her anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
              I think your username might be a hint as to why you don't like Lois. If you want Clana4life, no offence, but you aren't going to like Lois on SV, no matter how great Clois is.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Me too. I'd rather have action.
              No, my username is not a hint. You don't need any hints. I've blatantly stated the issues I have with SV Lois. And no offense taken Curiosity, but I've said that I find her a bit overly-annoying at times. She's generally moderately annoying, but tonight I just thought the annoyance was a bit more extreme. I'm fine with Clois. I prefaced this post stating that because at some point I thought some might think I was a Clois-hater because I was a former Clana fan. I am a Clois fan and I was a long time Clois fan (the Superman movies and Lois & Clark New Adventure...etc.). But while Lana was in the picture, I was a Clana fan. She's gone now and that chapter is closed. No need to discuss that any further. I like Lois, I just think instead of three expressos, she should maybe have one. My favorite part of Clois was the last scene where she and Clark had a real conversation. Some people like the banter more (which I find more annoying than not) and some like me like the real heart-to-heart conversations, longing looks and smiles (which some may find cheesy).

Comment

oh please. lets just say that my sister was exactly like lois and clark are not cute. she was cuter with oliver, and all this stuff. you know. and then after this ep, she thought maybe its starting to get cute. shes been toned down, when she first came to the show.

Comment

I haven't gone through all the posts but here is my take on SV Lois. I think Lois isn't very tactful but that's the way Lois is. I bought Lois and Clark DVD series and that Lois was the very same way when Clark was first hired at the Planet. She bossed Clark around terrible but as they worked together more, she eased up and she got nicer towards Clark. I think the same thing is going to happen with SV Lois. As L&C work together more and Clark gets more experience she won't be so bossy. She is still going to be spunky but more kind towards Clark. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                    I haven't gone through all the posts but here is my take on SV Lois. I think Lois isn't very tactful but that's the way Lois is. I bought Lois and Clark DVD series and that Lois was the very same way when Clark was first hired at the Planet. She bossed Clark around terrible but as they worked together more, she eased up and she got nicer towards Clark. I think the same thing is going to happen with SV Lois. As L&C work together more and Clark gets more experience she won't be so bossy. She is still going to be spunky but more kind towards Clark. IMO.
                    I hope so.

Comment

Honestly? The only times Lois annoys me is when she's NOT being annoying!

It is part of her iconic nature to be a knowitall, etc. etc. You either love her or hate her. Clark will get to experience both emotions

As a kid I used to feel sorry for poor Superman, with a love interest that was such a brat. But since adulthood, I actually think it's one of the most beautifully right things about the Superman mythos. Humor is a good thing in a love story, IMO, and thier clashing differences in personalities do not go deeper than skin deep.

Comment

Yes she could be more "annoying" because she's Lois Lane. She brash, bossy, stubborn, bold, opinionated. She's been these things for for 70+ years. And some, like me, absolutely love her because of these qualities.

She's never going to be meek, mild and quiet. And frankly, one of the reason Clark is attracted to her IMO is because she's not.

Comment

Tone her down to what, Lana who can't get her words out unless she's screaming?

Lois is fine the way she is

Comment

Lois is truly one of the highlights for me. She is totally unlike any other female on the show.

Comment

The problem I have with this Lois is that she's not abrasive enough with others, and too abrasive with Clark. TPTB are trying so hard to foreshadow the Clois, that they've altered her a bit. I think they are making her attraction to Clark a bit too obvious. Yes, she's abrasive, but she is more balanced in other versions of the story at this time in her relationship with Clark. I really want to see it a bit more subtle than what is being portrayed here. Then when you see those subtle telltale signs it's so much more rewarding.

Comment

This attitude dates back to the earlier comics. The firecracker Lois, anyway I don't find it annoying at all. Shes always hard on Clark, to disguise the growing attraction to him. Its a defense mechanism for her.

And to the OP if you want a toned down Lois go watch "Superman Returns".

Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher, Dana Dalaney, and now Erica Durance have all played Lois the same exact way.
                                Last edited by Dom20; 10-10-2008, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎