Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Lois BE anymore Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as a guy I have to say it really does depend. There are extremes to everything. You can be bossy or annoying in a playful way or in a way that is mean spirited. Obviously a big no on the mean spirited people.

I really do love a confident woman. It's really very appealing to me. Because someone able to handle themselves shows not just street smarts, but an ability to really handle themselves. And Lois, to be honest, really likes to bust people's chops. It may come off as arrogant or annoying, but I actually get that because I'm the same way. At the same time we've seen Lois be really tender and caring, the moment where she held Clark as he cried after Lana left is one of my favorite moments between Lois and Clark.

What I have to say is annoying is neediness. Not to start a Clois vs Clana debate, because really I'm not, but that's why Lana always bothered me. She always seemed to be constantly looking to the guy she was with or liked to define who she was. That's why I like the idea of her going out into the world to figure out who she really is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZeppo
      Well as a guy I have to say it really does depend. There are extremes to everything. You can be bossy or annoying in a playful way or in a way that is mean spirited. Obviously a big no on the mean spirited people.

I really do love a confident woman. It's really very appealing to me. Because someone able to handle themselves shows not just street smarts, but an ability to really handle themselves. And Lois, to be honest, really likes to bust people's chops. It may come off as arrogant or annoying, but I actually get that because I'm the same way. At the same time we've seen Lois be really tender and caring, the moment where she held Clark as he cried after Lana left is one of my favorite moments between Lois and Clark.
      That is true. She did show off some of her tender side sometimes. I reckon, this is why Clark wasn't really bother when she's being extreme and stuff, because he knows her other sides too. Very well observed, Jai.

Comment

SV Lois used to annoy me, too, but she's grown on me. She's not a bad rendition of the Golden Age Lois, updated through a 21st century filter.

Comment

If we are talking strong, independent woman, then Tess fits the bill and she doesn't bring the annoyance factor. She's straight to the point, no holds back. She is like Lois without the mega-dose of caffeine annoyance. I really liked Lois in episode one of Season 8. She was annoying, but not overboard. I'm hoping she will be like that throughout and that this epi was just a fluke. There is too much banter/snark/bossy covos and too little other types of conversations between Clois. Actually you can't even call it a conversation - Clark just listens and sighs and Lois rambles and dictates. We got a bit of real conversation at the end of this episode - but if they are going to build a Clois relationship, they can't concentrate primarily on the banter - they've got to give us some substance - some talks, some real interaction. I'm hoping they do that and take Lois out of the banter/bossy box.

Comment

Well, to be honest, Lois Lane/Clark Kent are the epitome of banter/bossy. That's pretty much their whole relationship in ALL versions of Superman. Whether it be the movies, the comics, or the TV shows (both animated and real) we hardly ever see a Lois Lane who is anything but annoying and bossy. And we hardly ever see Clark react except to sigh and look kind of amused. The whole foundation of their relationship is premised on them giving each other tit for tat. Kind of like Benedict and Beatrice in "Much Ado About Nothing".

I'm happy that the banter is back, because I felt that they got a little too intense and drama filled last season. This is much more true to the nature of their relationship and the effect they have on each other. And it'll continue well into their marriage as well -- ComicsClois are still very sarcastic to each other and they still love each other like crazy.

Comment

As much as I love Tess, that girl has no sense of humor.

Clark just listens and sighs and Lois rambles and dictates.
              I think you'll see lots of that on LnC

- but if they are going to build a Clois relationship, they can't concentrate primarily on the banter - they've got to give us some substance - some talks, some real interaction.
              Actually, we've seen this since season 4. There are times that she could be bossy and stuff, but there are also times that she listens to his heartache and she did came up with some good advice.

Their banter is also the strong method of their interaction. I think I speak for so many fans when I say that I want more of that. Sometime, when they banter, do do tend to see the fact that they know each other quite well and I think they're really comfortable with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                If we are talking strong, independent woman, then Tess fits the bill and she doesn't bring the annoyance factor. She's straight to the point, no holds back.
                Um... she's also evil and has no problem killing people. If Lois's standard is HER then I'm glad that she's not meeting that standard.

The two are nothing alike and they shouldn't be compared as such. That's like complaining that Clark isn't more like Lex. Clark isn't supposed to be like Lex... it would suck if he was.

Comment

Originally posted by kiariclois
                  Their banter is also the strong method of their interaction. I think I speak for so many fans when I say that I want more of that. Sometime, when they banter, do do tend to see the fact that they know each other quite well and I think they're really comfortable with each other.
                  ITA. There can NEVER and I mean NEVER be enough Clois banter...

Comment

If we are talking strong, independent woman, then Tess fits the bill and she doesn't bring the annoyance factor. She's straight to the point, no holds back. She is like Lois without the mega-dose of caffeine annoyance. I really liked Lois in episode one of Season 8. She was annoying, but not overboard. I'm hoping she will be like that throughout and that this epi was just a fluke. There is too much banter/snark/bossy covos and too little other types of conversations between Clois. Actually you can't even call it a conversation - Clark just listens and sighs and Lois rambles and dictates. We got a bit of real conversation at the end of this episode - but if they are going to build a Clois relationship, they can't concentrate primarily on the banter - they've got to give us some substance - some talks, some real interaction. I'm hoping they do that and take Lois out of the banter/bossy box.
                    I think there will always be both. There will be moments where Lois will be annoying, as you say, because that is just the way she defends herself. Lois doesn't like to be vulnerable. A good example was when she first met Oliver and AC. She reacted the same way she reacted to Clark, however these two men saw beyond that, and they both tried to pursue her. When they did, she melted, because she liked them.

There will be moments when she will show her vulnerable side to Clark, as she already did other times, but she won't let him in, especially now that she is realizing, thanks to Maxima, that she might feel more for him than she ever expected. She believes, even though Maxima told her the opposite, that Clark doesn't feel the same way. And that will make her up her walls. So, you can expect some dose of dismissing Lois in the episodes to come, because that will be Lois covering her attraction.

And even though I agree that this might not be the best way to make a man interested in you, the truth is that Lois doesn't want to have Clark interested in her. She wants to STOP feeling the way she does.

Comment

Lois isn't annoying, at all. I don't find her annoying in the least bit, for any reason. I think her behavior is funny, lively and entertaining and never annoying.
                      Last edited by curiosity; 10-09-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by individuall
                        ITA. There can NEVER and I mean NEVER be enough Clois banter...
                        I agree. The banter is part of makes Clois so damn awesome.

Comment

I should preface this with the fact that I am a Clois fan when it comes to the movies and I really want to be a Smallville Clois fan, but does Lois have to be so annoying? She is such a know it all. She's always treating Clark like some kid. I just don't see how he can fall for this Lois. She's like his annoying big sister. It's hard to be sold on this relationship and I pretty much blame that on Lois. She sure wasn't like this with Oliver. I just wish they would tone Lois down like 20-notches.

I take it you didn't like clois or lois even in Lois and Clark since lois was always teasing clark like smallville lois does in that before she knew he was superman.

Comment

Thanks, all, for the welcome. Long time SV fan, discovered KS by watching the S7 special features. Until recently, always caught the show on DVD...but now I'm getting to keep up with it live, so I thought I'd stick my nose in here a bit.

Comment

I have to agree with everyone who said the Clois banter is the best part, and there can never be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                                I take it you didn't like clois or lois even in Lois and Clark since lois was always teasing clark like smallville lois does in that before she knew he was superman.
                                In my other post, I said that I did like Clois. I actually prefaced the first post with that. I explained that in the other shows/movies, you get to see both sides of Lois. She interacts differently with Clark than she does with Superman, so it's not just constant bossy/annoying Lois - it's more of a balance, which is what I'm hoping SV will do. Banter is fine, but I don't want the majority of their interaction to be banter - I'd like some real conversations between them, too - conversations in which Clark gets to speak and not just sigh, roll his eyes and listen. It's cute for a few minutes, but not so much after that. Then again, this is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎