Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Lois BE anymore Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Lois and I love ED, but I don't think Lois is supposed to be annoying, even though she is, every now and again.

Comment

I'm posting this again, excellent article on Lois:

Comment

Classic Lois Lane. LOVED HER in tonights episode and that combination of bossy/rude/teasing then with beats of vulnerable and emotional makes me love her even more. Considering what Lois Lane has ahead of her in the future with Clark and Superman it was always gonna take a strong willed woman imo. I think she's being written GREAT and I love her interaction with Clark.

Takes all sorts to make up a world after all...

Comment

Yep... Lana was pushy. No more comment on that.

I think I'm just used to watching "annoying" Lois Lane for ages (since I was a kid, for that matter) that I don't find her being that way in SV really a huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPlay3r
            best relationships start dat way
            At first, I thought the girl in your avatar was Erica but Im like no way she would..., anyway's who's that big...girl in your avatar?

Comment

This Lois Lane is dead on. Adding in the Oliver relationship (which I don't think has ever been in the continuity--I could be wrong), where Lois played the passive role in the relationship, really WORKS. Lois's knee-jerk reaction to detachment is to buck up and put on a shell of insensitivity to others.

Oliver gave her a reason to do it again...she tried to be the "soft" part of the relationship, and her millionaire playboy took off. When she gets a chance to be with him again (see "Toxic,") she KNOWS she can't share, and that she doesn't have the right to want that, when Oliver is needed elsewhere.

So, taking the driver's seat in the relationship with Clark, as it builds, is a PERFECT reaction. Lois is driven by extremes...if she can't win a man by cowering down to him, maybe she can win one by being a Billy Jean Badass, or at least deny that she wants Clark at all. For now, at least.

As for Clark falling for her, he's always been surrounded by strong, passionate females...his mother Lara, his mother Martha, Lana (more or less), Chloe, and now Lois. Sooner or later, whether it's bound to be Lois or not, he won't fall for a wimpy woman. However, he'll always long for those moments when he can come to the rescue. And ALL the women in his life have provided those opportunities at one point or another.

SV Lois is on target -- maybe annoying, but she's always been that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxrider
                This Lois Lane is dead on. Adding in the Oliver relationship (which I don't think has ever been in the continuity--I could be wrong), where Lois played the passive role in the relationship, really WORKS. Lois's knee-jerk reaction to detachment is to buck up and put on a shell of insensitivity to others.

Oliver gave her a reason to do it again...she tried to be the "soft" part of the relationship, and her millionaire playboy took off. When she gets a chance to be with him again (see "Toxic,") she KNOWS she can't share, and that she doesn't have the right to want that, when Oliver is needed elsewhere.

So, taking the driver's seat in the relationship with Clark, as it builds, is a PERFECT reaction. Lois is driven by extremes...if she can't win a man by cowering down to him, maybe she can win one by being a Billy Jean Badass, or at least deny that she wants Clark at all. For now, at least.

As for Clark falling for her, he's always been surrounded by strong, passionate females...his mother Lara, his mother Martha, Lana (more or less), Chloe, and now Lois. Sooner or later, whether it's bound to be Lois or not, he won't fall for a wimpy woman. However, he'll always long for those moments when he can come to the rescue. And ALL the women in his life have provided those opportunities at one point or another.

Excellent analysis and welcome to the forum

Comment

I think it's hard to watch this SV Lois Lane. In every movie and tv show you see Lois Lane with Clark and Lois Lane with Superman. So basically you get both persona's - the pushy/bossy/know it all with Clark and the vulnerable/a lot-less annoying one with Superman. When she has a conversation with Superman, she has one on equal footing - she's not bossy. So for me it's always been a balance. I can take bossy Lois because generally I get a good dose of non-bossy Lois, too. With SV there is no Superman so for the most part I only see Lois' interaction with Clark - no balance, just bossy annoyance at least in this epi. It's just an adjustment for me since I've come from the movies/tv shows.

Comment

lois is PERFECT i wouldnt change her 4 the world.
                    and if any one read the comics lois is always acting this way and if she didnt she wouldnt be lois lane.

Comment

^Great post and welcome to ksite Noxrider

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
                        I'm posting this again, excellent article on Lois:

http://redboots.net/planet/?p=13
                        Aha... I love the article.

Here's the part I really love and right for this topic:
                        Yet despite Lois’s low opinion of Clark, not to mention the name-calling, he was still attracted to her.

Despite being REALLY annoying, he still loves her.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxrider

Excellent post! Welcome to the forums.

Originally posted by individuall
                          ^Great post and welcome to ksite Noxrider
                          Kaitlyn post 2000! Congrats, Board Master.

Comment

^Thanks Scott i didn't even notice!

Comment

Originally posted by kiariclois
                              Despite being REALLY annoying, he still loves her.
                              It's because he knows who the real Lois is. What she's like deep down.

Comment

Only one person on smallville has consitantly annoyed me...and lois is not that person.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎