No announcement yet.

Could Lois BE anymore Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clana4Life
    This Lois is different than previous Lois from Superman the Move, Lois and Clark and even the knew Superman movie with Routh. This one is just a bit over-the-top annoying sometimes. Not always, but sometimes - like in this episode, I think. I just think they are going to have to balance her annoying behavior with more softer sides of her. We get 30 minutes of annoying-Lois and then 2 minutes of soft-Lois. To me the softer-Lois, the Lois underneath the thorns, is the one Clark would really connect with.

Not true. All that jealousy was played perfectly. If she had played a silent jealous type, it wouldn't have worked as well as the screaming one.

Comment

Lois giving Clark a hard time is rampant throughout the comics. But yes, it is nice when you see her softer side too. It is all of these things combined that make Clark Kent fall in love with her.

Comment

im talking about the true lois from the comic books, thats who Lois is meant to be. She is DC's character and so whatever they make her that is who she is meant to be and that is who Smallvilles Lois is.

Isnt it rather obvious to you that lois is being overtly loud because she cant quite handle herself around clark right now with her new feelings?..she obviously has a huge crush on him and is acting very loud and bossy to cover it up, and when she gets jealous it bursts out because she's been bottling it up and yes i think her bad tendancies are coming across more intense than usual because of this..

she obviously wants to have sex with clark as was made rather obvious at the start of the episode at the DP..which hints:..yes..very sexually frustrated. lol which doesnt help either when it comes to her emotions about clark.
        Last edited by DontCha; 10-09-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Oh dear... So far, Lois has been portrayed like how she would be in the comics. She's supposed to be annoying and stuff, she will not treat Clark like the other girls did. I think TPTB (old and new) really pulled it off with Lois Lane since the beginning.

I pretty much watched this whole episode thinking 'Who the h*** do you think you are?' one of the things that annoys me is that Lois took Clark's coffee... just assumed that he bought it for her. It annoys me that she was hassling Clark about when he would be at work. He is not her personal assistant yet she acts like she is his boss.
          Smallville isn't the first incarnation of Superman shows these kinda behavior in Lois Lane's behalf. It's quite normal to see Lois acting like that.

But the topic at hand, Hell yeah! Lois IS annoying and... perfect. :biggrin: I wouldn't want her to change one bit and started to "worship" Clark :;

ETA: I don't think Clark minded much on her acting like his "boss". I think he used to have Lois treating her like that. LOL

Comment

Not worship him, but geez I'm surprised Clark doesn't have to take two aspirin after work. Yes, I know that she likes him, but I don't think that she's being overly annoying to cover that up. I think she's just like that - bossy/annoying. I'm really talking about the beginning - not the part where she saw him with Maxima. I'm a woman, so a guy approaching me in this manner wouldn't work for me, but I can't speak for guys. Outside of Smallville, would this type of behavior appeal to you? I'm talking to the guys. Do guys like girls like this? Or do girls like this send you running for Tylenol.

Comment

she's being alot louder than usual..

heck its what i do when i have a massive crush on someoone...I act louder than usual around them.

Comment

Not worship him, but geez I'm surprised Clark doesn't have to take two aspirin after work. Yes, I know that she likes him, but I don't think that she's being overly annoying to cover that up. I think she's just like that - bossy/annoying. I'm really talking about the beginning - not the part where she saw him with Maxima. I'm a woman, so a guy approaching me in this manner wouldn't work for me, but I can't speak for guys. Outside of Smallville, would this type of behavior appeal to you? I'm talking to the guys. Do guys like girls like this? Or do girls like this send you running for Tylenol.
                best relationships start dat way

Comment

LOL. I think it's great to have her extremely annoying or bossy or that sort of thing. Ya know, in fiction stories, the women do tend to be that way and in the end only one guy could stand her.

Some guy do like girls like Lois. Some do, some don't. Depends on the person. Ya know, some people hate pushy girls too, but Clark fall in love with her since season 1, wasn't he? But I'm not gonna go in depth of the past.

SV Lois Lane is brilliantly written.

Comment

I guess being totally shy around the guy is one extreme and being overly bossy and annoying beyond repair is the other extreme. It's just that they are showing the extreme with the Lois character. I just don't know that this would realistically work with SV's Clark. He's a soft, sweet kind of guy. I know the writers will make this work - Clark will somehow find her endearing. Again, she was not like this with Oliver and she liked him very much as well. I hope that as she comes to accept her feelings for Clark her annoyance will lessen just a bit. I'm not asking for a complete change - I'm just asking that they not make her the "extreme."

----- Added 52 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by kiariclois
                    LOL. I think it's great to have her extremely annoying or bossy or that sort of thing. Ya know, in fiction stories, the women do tend to be that way and in the end only one guy could stand her.

Some guy do like girls like Lois. Some do, some don't. Depends on the person. Ya know, some people hate pushy girls too, but Clark fall in love with her since season 1, wasn't he? But I'm not gonna go in depth of the past.

SV Lois Lane is brilliantly written.
                    Season 1? She wasn't around then.
                    Last edited by Clana4Life; 10-09-2008, 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I was talking about Lana.

ETA: It's obvious that you loves her. and I don't. Just to point that out. Similar to that, some people love Lois, some don't.

Comment

"Clark loves every minute of it. It's called a strong woman, with a personality. He loves the way Lois bosses him around. "

Being a strong woman doesn't require being annoying and witchy or bossing people around like you control the world.

Comment

Originally posted by kiariclois
                          I was talking about Lana.

ETA: It's obvious that you loves her. and I don't. Just to point that out. Similar to that, some people love Lois, some don't.
                          Oh, you think Lana was pushy. No, I think she is a lot like Clark - particularly Lana in Seasons 1 - 5. I could see him liking Lana. I can see him liking Lois - she just needs to mellow out a little and calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by pleasenoclois
                            "Clark loves every minute of it. It's called a strong woman, with a personality. He loves the way Lois bosses him around. "

Being a strong woman doesn't require being annoying and witchy or bossing people around like you control the world.
                            But it IS classic Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by pleasenoclois

Yeah, and I'm wondering how people know that he "loves" every minute of it. So far all we have are his expressions and reactions and he never smiles. He mostly shrugs, sighs or rolls his eyes when she talks. I don't know that he "loves it," he just takes it to keep the peace and cause he's a good friend.
                              Last edited by Clana4Life; 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM. Reason: left out a word.

Comment

I should preface this with the fact that I am a Clois fan when it comes to the movies and I really want to be a Smallville Clois fan, but does Lois have to be so annoying? She is such a know it all. She's always treating Clark like some kid. I just don't see how he can fall for this Lois. She's like his annoying big sister. It's hard to be sold on this relationship and I pretty much blame that on Lois. She sure wasn't like this with Oliver. I just wish they would tone Lois down like 20-notches.
                                Thanks, I pretty much agree with everything you´ve stated!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎