No announcement yet.

Could Lois BE anymore Annoying?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EricaIsGr8t
    Yup! And I say bring on the wild cherry! Wouldn't change one thing about Lois. Give me annoying, brash Lois any day of the week.
    That's more Lois hyperbole. She wishes she was wild cherry. That would have been Maxima. The best I would give Lois is Rocky Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raistlin
      That's more Lois hyperbole. She wishes she was wild cherry. That would have been Maxima. The best I would give Lois is Rocky Road.
      I would call Lois wild cherry. She's fun, and fresh, and brought a whole new flavor to the show, in a good way. And this is coming from a diehard Chlarker, but I can definitely appreciate the awesomeness she brought to the show, especially in the last three seasons.

Comment

• Lois is exactly the kind of woman I wanted to be. Bold, takes no crap from anyone, stands on her own two feet yet can still be vulnerable underneath all that. I love her as she is. I wouldn't change a thing about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loulou26
          Lois is exactly the kind of woman I wanted to be. Bold, takes no crap from anyone, stands on her own two feet yet can still be vulnerable underneath all that. I love her as she is. I wouldn't change a thing about her.
          YES. True that, Laura. She is an extremely three-dimensional, well-created character who evolved and deepened as the show progressed, and became one of my favorite female leads in the show -- not quite as much as my favorite tiny blonde, but still, I definitely appreciate Lois for the spectacular character that she is.

Comment

• Lois is too in your face for me and I don't like that type of personality; I never have, especially when the person bearing those traits has no cause to behave like that (translation: she ain't all that). I did not find SV's Lois to be well created or three-dimensional, especially in seasons 4-8. I thought she was very stereotypical...motherless girl-child, raised by a military father and probably felt the need to over-compensate for her sex a lot as a child; hence, the brash, loud, tactless, know-it-all, arrogant woman. I agree with the OP that she needs to be toned down a lot for me to like the character. BTW, I have never liked Lois Lane in any of her incarnations, so it's not an EDLois thing. It's strictly a Lois thing.
            Last edited by Raistlin; 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Honestly, I thought Lois was a little too "in your face" in early seasons myself, but by the time Season 8 rolled around, I felt as though she was given a lot more different character nuances and was portrayed as having many sides. She could be shown as vulnerable and softer, as evidenced by many of her moments in "Bride." She could be seen as highly motivated and sometimes overly determined in pursuing a goal, as was the case in "Stiletto." She could be snarky and witty and full of great banter in episodes like "Committed." And she could also be shown as incredibly sweet, gracious, kind, considerate, loyal, and trustworthy. Just listening to her speech to the Blur over the phone shows how much she's willing to go to bat for the people she believes in. Lois learned from all her experiences in Smallville, her interactions with Clark and the Kent family, and everything she went through, and it made her into a much more well-rounded, versatile, truly beautiful character, in Season 8, in my humble opinion.

Comment

• The thing is, Lois is a lot like people. REAL. Most people in every day life have annoying traits. In fact I'm sure everyone does. But that doesn't make them any less sensitive or unable to feel. People like them regardless of these flaws and sometimes because of them. Lois is...loving, loyal, kind, sweet, and FIERCELY protective of the people she loves. She may be a little brash at times, being a military brat, and yes I do believe that it comes from losing a parent, that kind of thing changes a person, I know that myself. I'll be the first to admit that I thought she was a little too outspoken in the beginning, but she has grown and evolved into a character that I love very much. Yes she speaks her mind, but her heart is in the right place. She relies on herself, that isn't a bad thing, she has confidence in herself, that isn't a bad thing. But when the chips are down, she is there when people need her. She took on the role of being Clark's other half with no qualms about his secret, no pressuring him into telling her because she simply had to know. She supported him and waited for him to come to her. If that's not change I don't know what is.

Comment

• You know what? Lois rocks. Get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                    Honestly, I thought Lois was a little too "in your face" in early seasons myself, but by the time Season 8 rolled around, I felt as though she was given a lot more different character nuances and was portrayed as having many sides. She could be shown as vulnerable and softer, as evidenced by many of her moments in "Bride." She could be seen as highly motivated and sometimes overly determined in pursuing a goal, as was the case in "Stiletto." She could be snarky and witty and full of great banter in episodes like "Committed." And she could also be shown as incredibly sweet, gracious, kind, considerate, loyal, and trustworthy. Just listening to her speech to the Blur over the phone shows how much she's willing to go to bat for the people she believes in. Lois learned from all her experiences in Smallville, her interactions with Clark and the Kent family, and everything she went through, and it made her into a much more well-rounded, versatile, truly beautiful character, in Season 8, in my humble opinion.
                    Season 9 is my least watched DVD set. I've only seen it once and don't remember much about it. I'm waiting for Season 10 to come out on DVD. I'd hate to continue disliking Lois as much as I do, seeing as those 2 seasons are Lois heavy, so I'm hoping I see all the sides to Lois you described.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by hughie87
                    You know what? Lois rocks. Get over it.
                    Are you talking to me? Because I'm pretty sure all opinions are valid and getting over it is not an option.
                    Last edited by Raistlin; 10-10-2011, 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• All opinions are valid. And that is mine. Whether you choose to get over it or not is your decision. But instead of nicely bashing Lois, I think you need to give her a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hughie87
                        All opinions are valid. And that is mine. Whether you choose to get over it or not is your decision. But instead of nicely bashing Lois, I think you need to give her a chance.
                        When I re-watch S9 and finally get to see S10, I'll give her a chance--provided her more objectionable traits have been toned down.

Comment

• Lois rock. The best female SV character at all.

Comment

• SVLois is exactly why I love the character. Bossy, stuck-up, rude, funny, loving, friendly, bold, annoying etc. Wouldn't have her any other way

Comment

• I just hated season 9 in general but her character mellowed A LOT in season 10.
                              Last edited by BkWurm1; 11-10-2011, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
                                SVLois is exactly why I love the character. Bossy, stuck-up, rude, funny, loving, friendly, bold, annoying etc. Wouldn't have her any other way
                                Pretty much this, And season 9 is my absolute favourite tied to season 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎