Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlark....actually over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea right just when you thought it was over the rake us over the coals again...please no just please let it go ps3 no more torture--isnt torture illegal?

OMG i broke 200 posts only took me 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
      :|

.... Are you people for real??

Comment

Chlark never even began

Comment

Like I said...maybe not the best title choice.

Comment

Weddings have a way of bringing nostalgia out in people... happens to me every time I attend one. I bet the closure is truly complete by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeefan
              Chlark never even began
              that is a matter of opinion and chlarkis a relationship they are bff's

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
                I don't think so guys. Just wait for episode 8 or 9 this season. Heart wrencher.
                oh yes, episode 9, i'm pumped for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeefan
                  Chlark never even began
                  And will never happen either.

Comment

I was suprised at the level of maturity in the writing. Chlark closing the deal on any possibly relationship was handled as well as it could be. Two mature people having a mature conversation and reaching a mature conclusion. No lingering looks, no inuendo. And when it was over you felt as if a weight had been lifted off of their shoulders. Their smiles were smiles of contentment, and for a lot of us fans a smile of relief.

I think the producers made themselves clear at Comic Con about bringing closure to things of the past and moving the story into the Superman timeline. The Fever letter is one of those things, as well as ending any possibility of future romantic Chlark. For a lot of us, and I say us because I was once a Chlarker (moreso out of my intense hatred of Clana than any amiration for the Chloe character) the time for Chlark ended long ago. Before season 4- thats when it should have happened.

If I had it my way Chlark would have been a romantic couple for all season 2 and half of season 3. They would have ended their romantic relationship after Clark discovers Lionel and Chloe's deal. All of season 4 Clark dates Alicia while he rebuilds his friendship with Chloe. All of season 5 he and Lana have their long awaited romantic relationship while he and Chloe solidify themselves as best friends. And from season 6 on he has the occasion fling (such as Raya) but stays single for the most part while he builds something with Lois.

That way, every ship would have had their day in the spotlight and a lot more people would have came away with some level of satisfaction. But Al/Miles in their --infinite-- wisdom decided to go all Clana, all season, every season (at least from Clark's end). And that has scorned a lot of folks.

Chloe didn't have that extra -something- to pry Clark from Lana. She never could do it, no matter how nice she was to Clark or no matter how many times she threw herself at him. I don't blame any of the characters, because as Chloe put it in "Heat".

"Pheromones Clark, some people have it. And some people don't"

And that seems to be the bottomline with Chlark, romantically. I'm glad the writers are moving past it because to tease it and never give a payoff would be the worse thing they could do.

They handled it well tonight.

Comment

I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I told you so.

Remember the first thing I said on the spoilers forum, when we learned about the Fever Leter? That if I was a Chlarker, I wouldn't be happy with PS3. But, as always, shipping takes controls of objective discussion and people ignore what they don't like.

PS3 is writing a pre-Superman show, that's the hint that I hope everyone takes it now. Chlark had a shot in the past, but AlMiles killed it because of Almighty Clana. As always, blame AlMiles for the past 7 years, not PS3.

EDIT: Damn, Fallen One was faster then me.

Comment

How can something be over when it never started in the first place??

Comment

Originally posted by LexFactor
                          And will never happen either.

umm let me just say that we know that ! we don't need more people coming to sarcastically rub it in our face. all we wanted to see was a little regret from clark and i think after being devoted to a show for seven years we derserved that atleast. everyone else gets what they want on the show but since we like the chloe and chlark pair i guess some you feel the need to come and pour salt in our wounds !

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

If I had it my way Chlark would have been a romantic couple for all season 2 and half of season 3. They would have ended their romantic relationship after Clark discovers Lionel and Chloe's deal. All of season 4 Clark dates Alicia while he rebuilds his friendship with Chloe. All of season 5 he and Lana have their long awaited romantic relationship while he and Chloe solidify themselves as best friends. And from season 6 on he has the occasion fling (such as Raya) but stays single for the most part while he builds something with Lois.

^^^^ written by fallen one

hey they should have had you writing for the show then it all would have fit without being rushed .i just wanted to give you kudo's for your thoughts and the respect you give other fans . i know we don't always agree but you have been very fair .
                          Last edited by dimeo782002; 10-10-2008, 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
                            I was suprised at the level of maturity in the writing. Chlark closing the deal on any possibly relationship was handled as well as it could be. Two mature people having a mature conversation and reaching a mature conclusion. No lingering looks, no inuendo. And when it was over you felt as if a weight had been lifted off of their shoulders. Their smiles were smiles of contentment, and for a lot of us fans a smile of relief.

I think the producers made themselves clear at Comic Con about bringing closure to things of the past and moving the story into the Superman timeline. The Fever letter is one of those things, as well as ending any possibility of future romantic Chlark. For a lot of us, and I say us because I was once a Chlarker (moreso out of my intense hatred of Clana than any amiration for the Chloe character) the time for Chlark ended long ago. Before season 4- thats when it should have happened.

That way, every ship would have had their day in the spotlight and a lot more people would have came away with some level of satisfaction. But Al/Miles in their --infinite-- wisdom decided to go all Clana, all season, every season (at least from Clark's end). And that has scorned a lot of folks.

Chloe didn't have that extra -something- to pry Clark from Lana. She never could do it, no matter how nice she was to Clark or no matter how many times she threw herself at him. I don't blame any of the characters, because as Chloe put it in "Heat".

"Pheromones Clark, some people have it. And some people don't"

And that seems to be the bottomline with Chlark, romantically. I'm glad the writers are moving past it because to tease it and never give a payoff would be the worse thing they could do.

They handled it well tonight.
                            Nicely said!
                            Chlark should have happend a long time ago...and the writers really dropped the ball with that one. I agree, it ended on a good note...and there were no lingering looks...and they didnt hug just a tad too long. If they keep that up, and everyones happy...then I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiGirl
                              As much as it breaks my heart....I officially admitt Chlark is over.

Now..I dont want to start a huge Chlark/Clois debate in here...so if you have that intention, please dont comment. I want to keep it civil...and to only talk about chlark. Thanks.

I think it's officially signed and sealed. I kind of wanted more of a talk...but I thought it was very cute all things considering. Chloe saying "you blew it buddy"...there were never truer words uttered. The time came and passed. But its nice to see how much they really do mean to eachother. He will always be her "bff."

I cant lie though...I am incredibly broken hearted. It's sad to want something for so long and to have a clear "ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" sign finally thrown in your face...it's a jagged little pill to swallow!

Who knows, maybe I'm the only chlarker who felt that way....so go ahead and discuss. But to me...they finally addressed it....and the time has passed. But I still dont think Jimmy is the "one" for her either. So..who knows.
                              Chloe never really seemed right for Clark. She was putty in his hands during high school. I would have liked to have seen an intimate relationship between the two, but nothing that would have lasted for too long, it would have been silly. Don't get me wrong, I am a Chloe fan, and I really love Allison Mack, but Clark isn't right for her, and she isn't right for Clark. They both deserve better that what each can be for the other.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                                How can something be over when it never started in the first place??
                                For the 500th time...I admitt maybe my title should have been.."Chlark...never going to happen?" But you all get the point...

BTW, keeping it civil in here people....there are some chlarkers out there who are just upset and this was meant as a way for them to talk about the episode. Not really a "haha...sucks for you!" Type thing. ok?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by unfocused
                                Chloe never really seemed right for Clark. She was putty in his hands during high school. I would have liked to have seen an intimate relationship between the two, but nothing that would have lasted for too long, it would have been silly. Don't get me wrong, I am a Chloe fan, and I really love Allison Mack, but Clark isn't right for her, and she isn't right for Clark. They both deserve better that what each can be for the other.
                                Thats true...but I do believe Chloe had a very deep love for Clark, that would have worked....at the right time. And now isnt it. So....like Chloe said "you blew it bud."

It was nice to feel they both were ok with their choice.

I do think Chloe and Clark deserve great people. Clark will have Lois...but I'm sorry I refuse to believe Jimmy is that "something bettter" for Chloe...thats taking two giant steps back if you ask me.
                                Last edited by AndiGirl; 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎