TV Ratings for "Instinct"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good to know I'm not the only one hoping for a Season 9. There is so much potential left on the show I don't want it to end now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
      It's good to know I'm not the only one hoping for a Season 9. There is so much potential left on the show I don't want it to end now!
      Yeah, and I'm very confident our hopes will come true.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
        Well, they've said that they have two arcs for the end of the season -- one incase a S9 is ordered and one incase S8 is the last -- so I really hope that they use the alternate arc if S9 doesn't happen.
        That's what I'm hoping. I guess, though, it all comes down to timing. I'm hoping that these folks have learned from the mistakes of their past & that they start talking to Welling earlier rather than later.

But VM was always at the bottom of the ratings list when it was on; Dawn couldn't have known that the shows that took the place of VM would underperform it.
        True... I guess I'm still bitter. LOL... I will say, however, that she did know that she had a weak roster going into that Fall season. She could have green-lit the "VM in the FBI" series and re-launched it. It would have been cheaper and would have probably gotten higher ratings than anything else on the CW. But, instead, she chose to completely change her target demographic & any show that didn't look like "Gossip Girl" was no longer on her list.

She's running this network to the ground -- no small feat, given that it was already on the ground and they had no where to go but up.

SV is in about the same boat as GG was in a couple of years ago. Ratings warrant another season, but it all rests on Tom. I'm kind of hoping he says no, because I would like them to end this season with a bang. Unless, of course, PS3 prove that they can keep this season as awesome as it has been and have great ideas for next season.
        I'm conflicted about this, myself. On the one hand, I want Welling to say 'no', because I'm ready for the show to go out on top & to see Welling in other projects. On the other hand, if they can give me S8-quality in S9, then I would VERY happy to keep watching.

It does all come down to Welling, though. Let's see what he decides. I remember when "Charmed" was going off the air... They did S8 and they all called it quits. Two of the girls had been on the show since S1 & they even said that they'd given most of their 20s to the show and they just couldn't keep doing it anymore. They were ready to move on and take a break. I think it's going to be the same with Welling... he started when he was about 22 and now he's in this 30s. He's been working at this job for his whole 20s, pretty much. I'm sure he's ready to start doing other projects... directing and stuff.
        Last edited by eas; 10-14-2008, 06:35 AM.

Comment

When I was watching Instinct on my local CW affiliate, they ran an ad that said that my local CW affiliate was the number one CW affiliate in the US based on overall ratings, and number one in their coveted 18-34 year-old women demo.

I did not know whether to be proud or embarassed, but realized that my city is doing its part to keep Smallville and SN on the air. So, on behalf of the city of Jacksonville, Florida, "You're welcome!"

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
            When I was watching Instinct on my local CW affiliate, they ran an ad that said that my local CW affiliate was the number one CW affiliate in the US based on overall ratings, and number one in their coveted 18-34 year-old women demo.

I did not know whether to be proud or embarassed, but realized that my city is doing its part to keep Smallville and SN on the air. So, on behalf of the city of Jacksonville, Florida, "You're welcome!"
            Thank you Jacksonville, Florida! Keep up the good work

Comment

Here's how "Instinct" ranked in total viewership for the week of Monday, October 6, 2008 - Sunday, October 12, 2008 on the CW:

1. Smallville - 4.12 million
              2. America's Next Top Model - 3.94
              3. Supernatural - 3.15
              4. 90210 - 3.12
              5. Priviliged - 2.29
              6. Gossip Girl (R) - 1.82
              7. The Game - 1.80
              8. 90210 (R) - 1.78
              9. Everybody Hates Chris - 1.70
              10. Priviliged (R) - 1.55
              11. America's Next Top Model (R) - 1.40
              12. Valentine - 1.02
              13. In Harm's Way - 0.77
              14. Easy Money - 0.75

And here's the season averages so far in total viewership for the CW:

1. Smallville (4 episodes) - 4.16 million
              2. America's Next Top Model (7) - 3.95
              3. Gossip Girl (5) - 3.43
              4. Supernatural (4) - 3.35
              5. 90210 (7) - 3.30
              6. One Tree Hill (5) - 3.29
              7. Priviliged (4) - 2.24
              8. Everybody Hates Chris (2) - 1.91
              9. The Game (2) - 1.88

I didn't count ratings, and I'm not going to take the time to average out the CW's Sunday offerings because they're just too low.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by eas
              That's what I'm hoping. I guess, though, it all comes down to timing. I'm hoping that these folks have learned from the mistakes of their past & that they start talking to Welling earlier rather than later.
              I really hope so too.

True... I guess I'm still bitter. LOL... I will say, however, that she did know that she had a weak roster going into that Fall season. She could have green-lit the "VM in the FBI" series and re-launched it. It would have been cheaper and would have probably gotten higher ratings than anything else on the CW. But, instead, she chose to completely change her target demographic & any show that didn't look like "Gossip Girl" was no longer on her list.

She's running this network to the ground -- no small feat, given that it was already on the ground and they had no where to go but up.
              I wasn't so fond of VM's third season or the FBI pilot (although I thought the first two seasons were great), but I agree that Dawn has ran the CW into the ground. She's made several bad decisions, and won't admit that she's wrong. She also cancelled waaaaaay too many shows in the first season (7th Heaven, Hidden Palms, All of Us, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Runaway, Reba, etc. She left too many holes to fill, and it has really hurt the network. Now, Fridays and Sundays are completely dead.

I'm conflicted about this, myself. On the one hand, I want Welling to say 'no', because I'm ready for the show to go out on top & to see Welling in other projects. On the other hand, if they can give me S8-quality in S9, then I would VERY happy to keep watching.
              That's true. If they do end up going with a S9, I would like for them to really explore Tess's Injustice League (or whatever it is) and have a big fight with the JL, and I would like for them to really get into the DP more as well. Have more team-ups between Clark, Lois, and Jimmy, try to get Michael McKean back, and possibly introduce Cat Grant.

It does all come down to Welling, though. Let's see what he decides. I remember when "Charmed" was going off the air... They did S8 and they all called it quits. Two of the girls had been on the show since S1 & they even said that they'd given most of their 20s to the show and they just couldn't keep doing it anymore. They were ready to move on and take a break. I think it's going to be the same with Welling... he started when he was about 22 and now he's in this 30s. He's been working at this job for his whole 20s, pretty much. I'm sure he's ready to start doing other projects... directing and stuff.
              That's true.
              Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 10-14-2008, 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick

Just make sure y'all go out and vote on November 4th & don't sit at home watching the CW!!

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                Here's how "Instinct" ranked in total viewership for the week of Monday, October 6, 2008 - Sunday, October 12, 2008 on the CW:

1. Smallville - 4.12 million
                2. America's Next Top Model - 3.94
                3. Supernatural - 3.15
                4. 90210 - 3.12
                5. Priviliged - 2.29
                6. Gossip Girl (R) - 1.82
                7. The Game - 1.80
                8. 90210 (R) - 1.78
                9. Everybody Hates Chris - 1.70
                10. Priviliged (R) - 1.55
                11. America's Next Top Model (R) - 1.40
                12. Valentine - 1.02
                13. In Harm's Way - 0.77
                14. Easy Money - 0.75
                Wow, cool, thanks for that.

You know what this means, don't you? It means that the CW will think that promos with tongue = ratings. Just lovely.
                Last edited by eas; 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Live +7 for Instinct are in:

SMALLVILLE......................4.706
                  AMERICA’S TOP MODEL........4.380
                  SUPERNATURAL..................3.604
                  PRIVILEGED......................2.597

Live +7 Week by Week
                  Odyssey . . . . . 4.804
                  Plastique. . . . . 4.782
                  Toxic . . . . . . . 4.614
                  Instinct. . . . . . 4.706

Comment

Wow, these numbers are so steady. It seems like the folks that came back for S8 are staying put. Cool

Comment

• Eh? Smallville is the CW's top scripted show. Is it just me or the CW is being blind that Smallville got better ratings than other shows and also their demographic targets are men and women?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor Who
                        Eh? Smallville is the CW's top scripted show. Is it just me or the CW is being blind that Smallville got better ratings than other shows and also their demographic targets are men and women?
                        It's not just you. CW is being blind when it comes to Smallville:/

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎