No announcement yet.

Who Would You Cast?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would You Cast?

Assuming that this show gets picked up by the CW (which it seems to have a VERY high chance of happening), who would you cast as the different actors to play the specific roles that we have information on?

Will edit post with my thoughts of who should be cast soon.

I hope that this thread is allowed here, but if not I'm sorry and I guess it should be deleted...

It's a great idea for a thread. I'd have to give that one some thought, myself.

The really important thing to figure out, really, is how old Dick Grayson will be. Who I'd cast as Dick at 16 would be totally different from whoever I'd cast as him at 21 (which is more the age he should be, and he should be Nightwing darnit!)

Comment

As long as they don't go asking any of the Jonas Brothers... I'm cool with whoever they get

Comment

Casting ideas for Alfred, Babs

Casting Dick Grayson would be the most important task. If he is cast well, then the series' future would bode well. If they're going to cast some Calvin Klein / Abercrombie and Fitch chisel-jawed spokesmodel dude for his look and hope for the best, then I would be concerned. I'd have to think about that one for now.

As for supporting characters, the list could be endless. I'm going on the premise that Dick is either out of h.s. and on his own, just about to start college. (I'm not crazy about the other concept: Dick as a h.s. student coming-of-age, etc. Do we need a Gothamized-version of SV?)

Bruce could be mentioned, but not seen. With a third Batman movie as a strong possibility, the likelihood of him on TV is slim. There are ways we could have Bruce's influence, if not his presence.

Alfred I could see as a supporting character. Throw out the idea of an elderly Alfred, I'd give him a SV Jonathan Kent reboot and make him a middle-aged, 40-something, no older than 50. And my #1 pick would be Peter Wingfield aka Methos on the Highlander series. He's a proven actor who'd give the show the gravitas we would want in any show in the shadow of the Bat. The mood of the show would have to be edgier and darker. If necessary, this Alfred could kick butt -- and pick up young Grayson's dry cleaning!

Barbara Gordon could be a supporting role too, and the temptation would be to fill the role with any ex-WB or CW ingenue who's simply cute. I was checking out the site for The Haunting of Molly Hartley and the lead actress, Haley Bennett would look the part of a pre-Batgirl Babs -- she could be the techie/artsy outsider. (I am hoping she can act well, too!) The Dick-Babs relationship could be more like early X-Files Mulder and Scully, with unrealized tension.

A running undercurrent could be the slow urban decay of Gotham or Bludhaven, due to organized crime and corrupt politicians. We could have Tony Zucco as a rising mobster who crosses paths with the Graysons. Zucco could be an actor who's used to playing gritty, conflicted characters. If Christopher Meloni (Det. Stabler on Law and Order SVU) were available, I'd give him the role if he were just a special guest star. The regular baddie could be a corrupt city councillor on the take, perhaps a Hamilton Hill who may have good intentions but falls prey to the rot. He or [insert kingpin of choice] could become the "Lex" of the show!

I have to remember "It's on The CW" ... so Dick will need another buddy/confidant at school or at work. How about a good friend who will become one of Bats' foes, like a college-age Scarecrow (psychology major?) or Riddler (English Lit major / math prodigy?). I'd want it done the way they handled Ollie Queen and how it seems they're handling Doomsday, where we have time for their characters to grow on us. I wouldn't want to flood the show with way too many Bat-characters. No instant cameos and then we hear nothing more from them ie Gabe Sullivan Syndrome.

I'll stop there for now, but those are some possible casting choices to chew on. I might see Molly Hartley and have a better idea if Haley would work as Babs or not.

Solid plot aside, it's the casting that could make or break it. Any thoughts on who could be Dick? Could (should?) Jim Gordon be a semi-regular, and who could play him?

Comment

do ya think sebastian stan will be a perfect robin?

Comment

I would cast the fairly unknown but born for the role, Douglas Smith. He has the right look and he is a VERY good actor! He has to be Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Known for: Big Little Lies, Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1, Big Love

Comment

Wasn't he the guy who always hung out with Bart - I mean Kyle Gallner in Big Love?

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                Wasn't he the guy who always hung out with Bart - I mean Kyle Gallner in Big Love?
                I donŽt remember. I havnŽt watched it in awhile, sorry! But here is the link to a pic of Doug in "Big Love" Maybe youŽll recognize him...!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
                  I would cast the fairly unknown but born for the role, Douglas Smith. He has the right look and he is a VERY good actor! He has to be Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808022/
                  Eh, I'm not a big fan of his. I've seen him in the movie "Hangmans Curse," (also starring Leighton Meester from Dawn Ostroff's favorite show ) and I thought he was a poor actor. Maybe he's changed though, because the movie was back in '03.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
                    I donŽt remember. I havnŽt watched it in awhile, sorry! But here is the link to a pic of Doug in "Big Love" Maybe youŽll recognize him...!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3676805120/nm0808022
                    Yup, that's him. That would be cool. Knowing The CW though they'll go super-pinuppy... someone more like Adam Gregory from 90210, which might not be the best choice but he still would get the girls (and probably some guys too) tuning in. And yes I just totally went there with Photoshop:

Comment

If they're doing it like the comics, then Dick Grayson would have to be 12. But knowing CW he'll probably be 20 something.

Comment

A complete unknown, but since it's on the CW it's likely to be someone that has been on a former show at one time.

Comment

They could use the main guy, Ephram, from Everwood. I think his name is Greg Smith, but I'm not sure.

Comment

yes it's Greg(ory) Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                              It's a great idea for a thread. I'd have to give that one some thought, myself.

The really important thing to figure out, really, is how old Dick Grayson will be. Who I'd cast as Dick at 16 would be totally different from whoever I'd cast as him at 21 (which is more the age he should be, and he should be Nightwing darnit!)

It's true, the age really sets the tone. Younger brings you Robin. Older brings you Nightwing. And Misc. brings you RedRobin, RedHood, Batman2, Joker2, and who knows what else.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎