No announcement yet.

Injustice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injustice

A/N: So basically I decided to write about Tess collecting meteor freaks and creating her own "injustice gang" like in the upcoming episode. Although this story does take place in season 8, I have changed a few things. First thing: No Doomsday/Davis. Frankly, Doomsday freaks me out, so I left him out. Also, No Chimmy. They were never engaged/married or dating again. I'm a Chlart shipper. Third: Lana is back and super-power free. This creates tension between Clark and Lois. Fourth: And, you are probably going to hate this, but Chloe is Watchtower and still has her meteor ability and Braniac's genius (not to the extent of braniacs, but her IQ level is pretty high thanks to him. i:e process data quickly, human computer. She has no knowledge about other planets), so she can heal and is supersmart.

Summary: Tess Mercer is on a mission, and that is to continue the work of Lex Luthor and his fight to create a super-human army, but it proves difficult when she can't capture Chloe Sullivan, and will go to deadly lengths to get her. Meanwhile, Lana's return causes a rift between Lois and Clark, and Clark struggles with his old feelings for Lana and his new feelings for Lois. However, when Clark realizes what Tess has done to Chloe, he relies on Oliver and the Justice League for help when Lois goes in over her head to track Tess down.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

Chapter One

THE COLD DANK air nipped at his face as he quickly ducked into a small café near the outskirts of Metropolis. It had been a long night for him, and much to his dismay, it was hardly over. All he wanted to do was go home and crawl into his warm bed, and forget about the world for 8 hours.

The café shop was small, with a long bar table with 5 stools and a couple of booths nestled against the dirty window. The decor was plain and simple; with the walls painted what he presumed was once white and it was accompanied by red furnishings.

There were a couple of truck drivers chatting amongst themselves, drinking back coffee and stuffing their faces with the pie that was on special. The chef was busy watching the nightly news as he flipped pancakes, and the lone waitress, whose name was ‘Ann’ had dropped the newspaper she was reading, and with a pot of coffee headed toward the booth that he now occupied.

“Coffee?” She asked in a deep voice that was caused by being a lifetime smoker. She looked older then she probably was, with lipstick that was fading, and make-up that made her look more like a street-worker then a waitress.

He nudged the coffee cup toward her as she poured the remainder of the coffee into his small glass.

“What can I get ya’ to eat?” She took her note pad and a dull pencil out, waiting to write something down. He looked up at the menu that was hanging above the open kitchen. He wasn’t really hungry, but he also was in no rush to face the cold night.

“What’s the pie like?” He asked; his voice as gruff as hers.

“Peach cobbler,” she responded, and he knew that would have to do. He watched as she made her way behind the counter, cutting the pie into a decent size. He took a sip of his coffee. It was bitter and cold, and when he received his pie it was stale, and tasted of nothing.

This angered him. Couldn’t people do anything right? He looked over at the two truck drivers—didn’t they care they were paying for utter crap? He then looked over at the waitress who was working on the crossword puzzle, while blowing bubbles with her gum, and the slob of the chef was busy consuming the pancakes that he cooked for himself while watching a repeat of the show COPS.

THUD! CRASH!

They had all turned to look at him. His coffee cup shattered against the floor and his fist aching from slamming it down on the wood table. He could hear his heart beat louder and louder, as his anger level went higher and higher.

“He man, was that necessary?” One of the truck drivers asked.

“You imbeciles,” He replied as calmly as he could. “Now look what you made me do.” Before anyone could react, he had used his meteor-ability to raise the flames on the stove, causing an explosion that took out the chef. Startled, the truck drivers and the waitress tried to escape, but he wouldn’t and couldn’t let that happen. He manipulated the fire, enclosing them in a ring. He watched as they pitifully gasped for breath as the smoke inhalation was cooking them from the inside out. One-by-one he watched them collapse, and when they did he ran back out into the cold night, feeling exhilarated and alive, however he had to get far away from the would-be-crime scene as fast as he could, so he headed North onto the poorly lit street when a black limo, from nowhere, pulled up in front of him.

Stopped in his tracks he watched as the passenger window rolled down.

“Impressive,” A women with a voice that demanded control and attention said. “Can I call you Carl, or do you prefer going by Mr. Janowski?”

“Who are you?” Carl spat.

The women poked her head out of the window. “My name is Tess Mercer,” She responded. “And I have a job offer for you and others like you.”

A/N: I apologize for the short chapter but, I will write more after. It's just to give you a taste.

Great, you are starting another story. I love Chloe being Watchtower and having powers. And Chloe and Bart are cute together. Will there be some of them together. I'm looking forward to reading more soon, hope soon.

Comment

Thanks for the review Chlollie. I'm not to sure yet if I'll have Chlart as an official couple, but it is implied that Chloe has feelings for him. Hope you enjoy Chapter 2

Chapter 2

THE MYSTERIOUS RED-Blue-Blur had made another headline at the Daily Planet, but this time it wasn’t the publicity Clark wanted—or needed—to see, adding to his affirmation that the world wasn’t ready for him in any form.

The headline read: “Café Shop Fire Kills 4. Where’s the Red-Blue-Blur now?” He didn’t need to read more to know what the article’s message was: an attack on heroism, and more personally, an attack on him.

Clark turned the newspaper over, and set it aside on his desk that was spotless compared to his partner’s, whose desk had become the second “garbage” bin. As he looked at the empty desk, he wondered where exactly Lois was. It was strange for him to arrive before Lois. He was about to pick up his phone and call her when he heard her distinct footsteps coming toward the desk.

“Smallville, can you believe this?” Lois asked as she held up her own copy of the newspaper he had just turned down. “Who gives people the right to criticize him like this? He can’t be in two places at once!” She threw the newspaper down in the only place she felt it belonged: in the garbage.

“The boss won’t be happy you did that,” Clark said as he looked at the trash bin and then back at Lois, who was riffling through the mess on her desk.

The ‘boss’ Clark was referring to was none other than Perry White, who had finally got his life on track and resumed his position as the number one chief editor in the world. For Clark personally, it was a relief to finally have the name ‘Luthor’ rid from the top newspaper in the world, but now that Tess was out of a job at the Daily Planet, he wondered what Lex’s puppet was doing now that she had extra time.

“Please Smallville. I have Perry eating out of the palm of my hand. The guy adores me.”

Clark grinned, showing off his dimples, and jokingly said, “Number one reporter right?”

“And don’t you forget that,” She teased back as she got up to pour herself another cup of coffee. Clark looked at her longingly, and he wondered if he was actually starting to fall for Lois Lane?

With her green dell in hand, Chloe Sullivan made her way up the thirty-something-steps into Metropolis’s City Hall. Being Watchtower had taken up the majority of her time, but it was way more fulfilling then she could have ever thought possible. Working with the boys and Dinah had given her life purpose, and a chance to do some good, and bring down the bad guys, something she desperately needed to do ever since she got stuck in one of Lex’s Black Creek Facilities.

This was why she was at the City Hall. Apparently, Oliver and Victor had uncovered a locked file that belonged to Lionel Luthor buried under major encryption walls in one of Lex’s 33.1 facilities mainframes. Victor had tried to hack into it, but whatever was in that file had short circuited his system, and was now undergoing repairs at one of the many Queen Industry Hospitals. Even though Oliver was against it at first, she offered to use her new super mind ability that she acquired last year when Brainiac attacked her to give it a shot. The only thing she needed was a mainframe big enough to connect to and the City Hall had one of the largest. She also had an ulterior motive for using the City Hall database that Oliver and the rest of his gang didn’t need to know about, and that was to acquire all the information on the Luthors’, and maybe find out where Lex was hiding, because she was sure that he survived the Fortress’s collapse.

Smiling at a guard, she made her way into the library and made sure she found a seat where she could hook up her internet cord in a secluded area. Making sure no one was around her, she plugged it in, and within moments, she was able to bypass the first of the 258 encryption codes. Without this Brainiac Power, it would have taken her about two days to get through all of this, and there was a very high chance that she would have been caught, however, 15 minutes into it and she had already soared down to 250 encryptions, and was nervous about the next 2, as one of them had caused Cyborg’s system to crash. But, to her it felt as though she was the computer, controlling everything, and even changing the error that hurt her friend. It was as though she was in sync, and the computer was following her orders and not its own. When she finally unencrypted the file, she saved it on her computer, and took a quick look at it, and to her surprise Lionel Luthor wasn’t so changed as everyone thought he was. It seemed he had a large part to play in those 33.1 facilities and she wondered if he was going after meteor infected people like Lex was, or after Clark like he always wanted too. She quickly uploaded the rest of the Luthor files and unplugged her computer. If what everything she read was true and still ongoing after Lex’s supposed death, the Justice League would have to take it up a notch to bring down every facility.

One thing for sure, Oliver was not going to like this. Not one bit.

For Tess, the stone walls at the Luthor Mansion gave the room character. People often found the old Scottish Castle depressing, maybe even morbid, but she knew that it was much more than that. This castle had housed many kings, and the most recent—in her eyes, anyways—was Lex. It was such a shame that he had died, but she wouldn’t stop his legacy from reaching its full potential, and somehow that legacy revolved around a man named Clark Kent.

At first, Clark Kent was just an average reporter who was tall, a little mysterious, and definitely handsome. She couldn’t understand why Lex wrote about a mild-manner farmer boy, who used to be his friend, but as she read through his journals, something had become very clear: Clark Kent was an obsession that Lex couldn’t obtain; she soon realized however, that Clark wasn’t his only obsession, Lana Lang-Luthor had become very dominant in his writings, along with another name that she was surprised to read. Somehow, the tiny blonde woman named Chloe Sullivan was the key to Clark Kent, but as Tess shut the journal she realized that Clark was Lex’s obsession and not hers. Even though she would do anything for Lex, dead-or-alive, she had bigger dreams. Soon, she would obtain an army of super-powered humans, one that would bring Metropolis to its knees, and if she got Clark in the process, which would be a bonus, but her main objective was to capture Chloe Sullivan, and have to whole world know just how powerful the Luthor’s really are.

Comment

Another great chapter, I'm looking forward to reading more soon.

Comment

Please post more. Lots more.

Comment

Update more soon please.

Comment

CHAPTER 3

As soon as 5:00pm hit, the workers at the Daily Planet Bull Pen all got up simultaneously and headed for the elevator. For most of them, their jobs were over for the evening, but for Clark, or rather the Red-Blue-Blur it was only the beginning.

Shutting off his computer, and grabbing his jacket, he was about to head home to the farm to do some last minute chores and feed Shelby when he noticed Jimmy eagerly approaching him.

“Hey CK,” Jimmy said with his camera strapped firmly around his neck.

“What’s up, Jimmy?” Clark asked as he put his jacket on.

“Lois is trying to track down the Red-Blue-Blur to get his opinion on today’s paper. She told me not to tell you but I think it would be cool for the three of us to snag a front page headline.”

“Thanks for the invite Jimmy, but Lois doesn’t share by-lines, and I have work on the farm that needs to be done.”

“You’re missing out,” Jimmy said as he waved goodbye to Clark. “The Red-Blue-Blur might make an appearance.”

Jimmy was right. The Red-Blue-Blur would make an appearance, however it would be nowhere near where Lois and Jimmy were. He wanted to tell them not to waste their time, but he knew they wouldn’t listen—at least he knew Lois wouldn’t listen.

Grabbing his things, he headed for the exit and back home to the farm.

Being under the yellow sun had given Clark many advantages, and one of them was the ability to quickly take care of chores that needed to be done around the farm. It had taken him a whole day’s work on the farm only fifteen minutes to complete, which gave him more time to do other, more serious things, like take care of the crime wave that was hitting Metropolis.

He had overheard his name once in the chatter amongst the bull pen, about who could be responsible for the spikes in violent crime and theft. They called him “Ugly”, but with the help from Chloe, he was able to find out his real name: Bruno Mannheim, and he was no doubt ‘ugly’, not just in the physical sense, but also because of what he did for a living and that was to terrorize the streets of Metropolis. He was the Organized Crime Boss for a group of criminals who called themselves the Intergang.

Now, as he stood on-top of a high rise building adjacent from where Bruno and his Intergang were staying, and watching carefully with his pin-point vision to see if they were up to no good, he couldn’t help but sigh as he noticed Lois and Jimmy creep from the shadows. He knew this was Lois’s attempt to try and meet the Red-Blue-Blur by putting herself and Jimmy right in the middle of the crossfire, his only short coming was how he didn’t put that together when Jimmy asked him to tag along. Chloe had warned him that Lois stopped at nothing to get what she wanted, and now he wished he would have taken her more seriously instead of laughing.

“Come on, Jimmy,” He heard Lois say as she motioned him to duck down behind the large wooden crates. He didn’t need x-ray vision to know that there were illegal drugs and weapons in those boxes.

“This is a bad idea,” Jimmy mumbled in a bare whisper that only Clark could hear. He needed to get Jimmy and Lois out of there without alerting Bruno and his gang.

“Lois, I think we should leave, these guys are dangerous.”

Clark saw Lois shoot Jimmy a look. Lois Lane was not afraid of anything, and in a way, he admired her for her fearlessness, but at the same time, she often put herself and others in danger without even realizing it.

“Suck it up, Jimmy,” Lois teased as she turned her back to the window. “I can’t even see them.”

Clark watched as Lois struggled to hoist herself up on one of the crates, and he wondered if she thought killing herself was worth a story, and just as he heard Jimmy yell “Watch it!”, the crate toppled over, causing Lois to fall over and avertedly cause a scene which alerted the Intergang, who quickly came out wielding guns.
              He feared this would happen.

“Lois!” Jimmy yelled as Lois struggled to get herself up. She was holding her arm that she had fallen on.

“I told you this was a bad idea,” Jimmy hissed, looking at Lois, who was trying to figure out a way to get the two of them out, alive.

“Look, there must be a misunderstanding,” Lois began. “We were looking for our dog that ran off his leash. Clark-y! Come here boy!”

“You think we’re stupid missy,” One of the thugs asked as he pointed the gun at Lois, and then fired.

Clark watched as time around him slowed to a sudden halt, as he ran toward the bullet and grasped it tightly in his fists as he sent one thug flying.

Lois, Jimmy and the other thug watched the thug fly out toward the water.

“Jimmy, take a picture!” Lois yelled, just as the other thug fired his weapon.
              Clark interjected that bullet too, as he also created a barrier of crates between Lois and Jimmy and the rest of Bruno’s henchmen. After quickly making sure Lois and Jimmy were okay, he super sped back to the high rise building. From up there, he saw Lois smiling, as she realized the Red-Blue-Blur had come to her rescue again.

“Did you get anything, Jimmy?” Lois asked as she walked by the camera.

Jimmy nodded. It wasn’t much, but a faint streak of red and blue was seen just as the second thug was pushed backwords.

“Clark-y?” Clark heard Jimmy ask as the two made their way out of the docks.

“It was the only thing that came into my mind.” She replied back, as Clark smiled to himself in the night.

The moon had reached its peak, and even though Chloe should have called it a night, she was too busy going through the Luthor’s personal files. The richest family in Metropolis was not only the greediest but also the most dysfunctional one as well. It seemed as though Lex’s criminal behaviour had started early on, and if it wasn’t for his dad’s money, he would have been rotting away in a prison by now. The secrets that Lionel had buried with him when he died were enough to send Metropolis grovelling on its knees, and she herself wasn’t sure she wanted to keep reading. It was making her stomach turn to know how easy it came to the Luthor men to use people like they were dispensable. It reminded her of her father, who would complain about the poor working conditions and the mistreatment of employees, and a part of her knew that if her father didn’t have to support her, he probably would have found another job.

“Chloe,” A familiar voice said from behind, as Chloe turned around startled, grasping her chest in hopes to ease her heart that was now going a mile a minute. She should be used to sneak-attacks by now from Clark and his speedy entry, but the person who had startled her was not Clark.

“Lana,” Chloe replied back, surprised to see her friend.

“I didn’t mean to startle you,” Lana responded as she looked at the Isis computer screen. Pictures of her ex-husband and father-in-law brought back bitter memories.

“I should be used to it by now,” Chloe remarked as she shut her computer down. “Though, I got to ask: What are you doing back in Smallville?”

Lana explained the only reason why she was back, and it was because the power suit she had taken from Lex had started to dissolve from the kryptonite exposure, until it was completely gone.

“I’m meteor free now,” She said, “And I get to be with the man I love again.”
              Chloe made a small smile. She knew Clark’s love for Lana was strong, but a part of her knew that both her best friend and her cousin had feelings for each other, and she knew Lana’s return meant heart-break for Lois.

Comment

Yes a update, and it was great. I'm looking forward to more. Lana doesn't now about Chloe being meteor infected does she? And will she find out?

Comment

Lauren, I love your idea ! I'm definitely gonna be reading this

Your style is awesome. You describe the scenery, but yet don't fall to details and stick to the storyline. Very good.

Please, more !

Comment

More please!

Comment

PPMS!!

Great story

Comment

Thanks for your reviews. Chlollie, to answer your question: Lana and Lois do not know Chloe is meteor/brainiac infected. They will find out later on.

Here is Chapter 4, I hope you enjoy.

CHAPTER 4

LANA MADE HER way up the familiar dirt driveway on the Kent Farm. She had been up this road many times before that she knew where every groove and every ditch laid. She took the time to savour this place, truly admiring how so little had changed, and even though her nerves were on edge, and her stomach full of butterflies, she hoped that she still had a place in Clark’s heart.

Taking a deep breath, she heard Clark working in the barn. The metal clanging of the wrench and screw drivers brought a smile to her face. Even with all of Clark’s abilities, she knew that he enjoyed doing things the manual way, like his father had taught him many years ago.

She saw him now, dressed in his usual plaid, trying to fix the tractor that had been in the Kent Family before Jonathon. It was a treasured heirloom that no Kent man could get rid of, and even though it had been through the worst, it still looked, in a way, brand new.

“Clark,” She spoke softly, and he heard her, turning his head to face her. She was coming closer to him now, and he wasn’t getting sick.

“Lana,” Clark responded, a little flabbergasted. “Wha—how?”

She was standing in front of him, so close that she could feel his breath on her.

“The kryptonite broke up the suit,” She whispered.

“So you don’t have pow—”Lana interrupted him by putting her finger on his lips. They looked into each other’s eyes, and all the feelings she had felt for him were rushing back, the butterflies in her stomach intensifying. She wondered if he felt the same. Standing on her tippy-toes, she leaned in and kissed him as she had the day she left, and for a moment, it was like the world had ended and it was just the two of them.

Lois watched as Clark and Lana kissed, her arms dropping to the side, and the article she was supposed to go over for Clark, falling loosely to the ground. She had fallen for Clark Kent, a secret that only she (and somehow Chloe) knew. Unfortunately for her, Clark was still in love with Lana. Disappointed she made her way back to her car. She was due in Gotham city for 5:00pm, to interview a rich billionaire by the name of Bruce Wayne, and decided to give herself a head start.

Carl Janowski admired the large Luthor Mansion. He had never seen anything so divine and beautiful as this large 6 story home. Tess Mercer had said this was his home now, and as she showed him his new room, he couldn’t help but smile. He always felt like he didn’t belong after the meteor shower, and now he couldn’t be happier that his skills were needed.

“You must be Carl,” A young woman said, as she stood between the doorframes with her arms crossed.

Carl turned around to great the young red-head. She couldn’t have been more than 24 years old.

“And you are?”

The young woman smiled, and said, “Name’s Annie.” She stuck out her hand to greet her, when suddenly he realized he was shaking hands with himself.

“Welcome to your new home,” She said, sounding exactly like him. In all honesty, it had freaked him out.

“How’d you do that?” Carl asked as she turned back to herself.

“Shape shifter. All I have to do is see and hear the person I want to become and voila.”

The two spent some time getting to know each other. Annie explained that Tess had found her on the streets, and watched as she would take on the images of top bank employees to gain money. Like Carl, Tess had offered her more money and power behind her dreams, and so far Tess hadn’t disappointed on the promise.

“You’ll love the rest of the gang,” Annie said as headed out of his room. “They can’t wait to meet you.”

Clark looked at the now greying sky. The forecast hadn’t called for rain, but today had been a day full of unexpected surprises. Lana was back, both power and kryptonite free, and even though he should have been grateful and ecstatic to see the woman he spent his whole life loving, when Lana pulled him into a kiss, the only woman he could think about was Lois. And now here he was, holding the muddied paper he had Lois go over, that was left in his driveway, knowing that Lois had witnessed the kiss—thinking that he had taken her back. Lois’s mailbox on her phone was full. He wanted to—had to—explain to Lois that what she saw wasn’t what she thought it was, and as he thought about it, he wondered what Lana thought that kiss was and meant. He would never admit it to her, but he was angry with Lana that she chose power over him, when he gave up his powers to be with her. He felt alone and frustrated, and wondered why things couldn’t be easier.

“Looks like I just walked into the Clark/Lana/Lois triangle,” Chloe said as she took the steps up to the barns loft. Clark had called her, needing to talk, and she was more than ready to lend an ear.

“Is it that obvious?” Clark walked over to the couch and sat down, as Chloe solemnly nodded her head.

“Lois phoned me on her way to Gotham, and told me to not expect her back until Monday. I think she mentioned something about Tequila shooters.”

“I just don’t understand, Chloe. Lana is the love of my life, but why don’t I feel like that anymore?”

Chloe shrugged. “I used to think Jimmy and I were meant to be, but in the end he found someone else.”

“So where does that leave us? Alone?”

“Sometimes your heart realizes what’s been in front of you this whole time. I haven’t given up on love and neither should you.”

“You met someone?” Clark teased, showing of his charming smile.

Chloe blushed. She wasn’t ready to tell Clark that she had fallen for a man that could move faster than he can, for two reasons: one, because she really wasn't sure how he felt about her, and two, she wasn't sure how everyone would react.

“We aren’t talking about me, Clark,” Chloe said as she got up off the couch. “But just remember, follow your heart. You might be surprised who it leads to.”

Comment

Great, update. I am looking forward to more soon, I hope. Yeah, Chlart. I like. Bart would love to be with Chloe, he has a crush on her. Hope to see some Chlart.

Comment

Are you my long lost twin? This is really good. I like the ideas. Post more.

Comment

Great Update Lauren i have to admit i do like a bit of Chloe/Bart Romance because there is a bit of evreything in that type of relationship

Anyways PPMS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎