Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood General Discussion

...is the name of a new spin-off Doctor Who series! I figured it'd need its own thread since the Dr Who one is popular enough on its own.

Find out about the show at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4349120.stm

and then tell us what you think.

I think it's great they're giving Captain Jack something to do, and at least it should be better than the last Dr Who spin-off, "K-9 and Company"

Barrowman's already proved himself perfect in the role, though a bit annoyed about them using Cardiff again - I know the city so well it was daft seeing being used for London etc. and now it'll be on the screen every week so just how bad will Dr Who look?

Who says K9 won't show up on Torchwood though? He WILL be on the regular Doctor Who series, after all

I was watching the Bad Wolf episode the other night, and during the Weakest Link scene, one of the answers was "Torchwood!" Why do I think this was planned all along?

Comment

Torchwood - Coming soon!

John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Naoko Mori and Burn Gorman star in the new BBC spin off series 'Torchwood', which tells the story of a government controlled group aiming to capture alien technology for the benefit and advancement of mankind.

A spin-off series to Dr Who, it will star John Barrowman as Captain Jack, a character first seen in the come-back series of Dr Who last year. It is to be shown this autumn on BBC3 initially and is intended to be darker and more adult oriented than Dr Who.

Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane Smith, a companion to both John Pertwee and Tom Baker's Dr's, and who appeared in an episode earlier in this series, has said in an interview that we have seen the last of her character in Dr Who, but not necessarily the last of Sarah Jane Smith. Does this mean she will return in 'Torchwood'?

Will 'Torchwood' be a hit, or will it go the way of 'K9 & Friends' to the great spin-off graveyard in the sky?

What do you think?

Comment

After tonight's Dr Who they showed a preview of next week's episode. Looks like Torchwood will be heavily involved.

Comment

I look forward to watching this show!

Comment

Re: Torchwood

Originally posted by TMLS
            ...is the name of a new spin-off Doctor Who series! I figured it'd need its own thread since the Dr Who one is popular enough on its own.

Find out about the show at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4349120.stm

and then tell us what you think.

I think it's great they're giving Captain Jack something to do, and at least it should be better than the last Dr Who spin-off, "K-9 and Company"

Barrowman's already proved himself perfect in the role, though a bit annoyed about them using Cardiff again - I know the city so well it was daft seeing being used for London etc. and now it'll be on the screen every week so just how bad will Dr Who look?
            LOL, whats so bad about Cardiff?

I'm excited about Torchwood, especially since its gonna have Captian Jack! The first ep of any Doctor Who I ever watched was The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances on SciFi and I immediatly fell in "lust" with Captian Jack.

I just hope I will be able to actually watch Torchwood! I have someone who is kind enough to help me watch the new Doctor Who - the one with David Tennett - I hope they'll help me out with the Torchwood eps as well.

So is Doctor Who still going to air while Torchwood does - kinda like Buffy/Angel did, or is Torchwood all that is gonna air next year?

Comment

When does this actually start?

Comment

October. Though have also heard September.

Oh and Craig, "Torchwood" wasn't planned all along, the name was used on the side of tapes of early episodes of the recent 2 series of DW to hide their real contents. RTD thought it was such a good name it all sprange from there. No word yet on whether early Torchwood episodes are hidden with "Kandanpomcy9"

RedPhoenix, nowt wrong with Cardiff per sé, just got annoyed when they say it's "London" when it's clearly the old market place, outside the St. David's centre etc.

Although news that one episode features a chase through the streets of Splott sounds class!

(Yes, I know I quit the site but in a new job with internet access, so peruse on occasion - seeing as this is my thread originally and all figured I'd drop by )

Comment

Awesome Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
                    October. Though have also heard September.

Oh and Craig, "Torchwood" wasn't planned all along, the name was used on the side of tapes of early episodes of the recent 2 series of DW to hide their real contents. RTD thought it was such a good name it all sprange from there. No word yet on whether early Torchwood episodes are hidden with "Kandanpomcy9"

RedPhoenix, nowt wrong with Cardiff per sé, just got annoyed when they say it's "London" when it's clearly the old market place, outside the St. David's centre etc.

Although news that one episode features a chase through the streets of Splott sounds class!

(Yes, I know I quit the site but in a new job with internet access, so peruse on occasion - seeing as this is my thread originally and all figured I'd drop by )
                    I dont know if you knew this but Torchwood was used to disguise the Dr Who masters because it is an anagram of Doctor Who.

Comment

Heh, yes. Didn't you spot my line "No word yet on whether early Torchwood episodes are hidden with "Kandanpomcy9" "?

Comment

Sorry - missed it - shouldn't really post while I'm at work - too many distractions!

Comment

Torchwood now confirmed as starting "Late October" - so what are K-site's Who fans hoping from it? There's been relatively little in the way of spoilers, so it'll be interesting to see what people are expecting.

Comment

Anyone see last night's show? Talk about a "Love & Monsters" episode! At least it was slightly better...

Comment

I watch it every weds on BB2, i like the show but not enough to cancel my plans every sunday evening to watch it, like i do with dr.who when it runs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎