Conversation Between WickedJenn and myankskent

27 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. The offense concerns me a bit because there have been times where they have struggled to get the big hit and that could hurt them in a short series when the long ball goes away because of the pitching that they will be facing. Haven't been to a game yet this year. I might go on a weekend in September, especially if this NFL lockout situation doesn't get resolved.
  2. Hi Jenn. Cano at the Derby last night had one of the best performances that I have ever seen. Down 11-0 in the final round and to get 12 with four outs still remaining...unbelievable. Now let's hope that this doesn't mess up Cano's swing the rest of the season. Kudos to Jeter. I can't understand how there are people who don't think 3,000 hits are a big deal. I hope this can straighten Jeter out the rest of the season.

Tough season to judge because they Yanks, like in 09, haven't beat the Red Sox. but remove those 9 games and the Yanks have the best record in baseball by a mile. I think they're in good shape and I think that Boston will be in some trouble because you can't expect them to trounce the Yanks in the second half like they did in the first. They're 8-1 against the Yanks but they're tied in the loss column against them. That's not good.
  3. Hey there Matt!

Was wondering what you've thought of this season so far for the Yanks. Can't believe Jeter has gotten to 3,000, and what a way to do it too. Now tonight, Cano wins the Home Run Derby. I'm feeling something is happening, if the Yankees keep moving the train along consistently then they have a decent shot this playoff season.

Have you been to a game yet this season? I haven't, I think we may go in August or some time.
  4. Yup that is what I'm concerned about...I haven't seen much "movement" since they lost out on Lee. I heard the comparison for the bullpen that it's similar to how it was in '96 when we won the Series. I'm not so sure about that. To be honest I'm worried in general, about the season. I haven't quite looked into these new players we've acquired, what are your thoughts? Any good prospects?
  5. Hello there. Yes, I'm just about ready for baseball. This winter has been like a nightmare for us so bring on Spring, I say.

It was only a matter of time before Andy hung it up. He pitched some great games for us and will certainly be missed. There's nobody that I would want on the mound for a game 7 other than Andy.

Yanks are going to have to make some moves during the season because I think Boston has the better team on paper right now. Yanks really did nothing in the off-season since they missed out on Lee.
  6. Hey fellow Yankee fan,

Saw ya posting thought I'd say hi. Can't believe it's almost time for spring training. You heard about Andy? WTH...

We are already looking at a game to go to.
  7. DUDE, Matt...I have two sports "dreams" if you will, and this was one of them. When my sister told me she got tickets, I literally got teary-eyed, just like I did the first time I walked into Yankee Stadium ever. I know that sounds nuts but, it's true. I have been wanting to see a Yankes/RedSox game at Yankee Stadium since I was a kid. I promise I'll take pics and represent to the nines

I know I'd love it if that was the game that knocks the BooSox out of the playoffs, I'd be completely ecstatic.
  8. You're not going to the game because I am going to take the tickets away from you and go myself. J/k. I hope that the Yankees will be in a position to knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs at that point if they beat them.
  9. Guess who's going to a Yanks/BooSox game in Sept. at Yankee Stadium!! I know you of all people would know the awesomeness of that!
  10. I think that the Yankees will take care of business tonight. But the way I look at it, if the Twins beat the Yankees in this series, they will have to do it at Yankee Stadium. I really can't see that happening.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast