Cult premieres on The CW tonight (check out all of our coverage of the show), and today, it has been announced that Machinima will be doing a live recap show every Tuesday night dedicated to the series. Here's the press release courtesy of Warner Bros. Television:
Comments on this site are temporarily disabled, so please come by the KSiteTV Forums to talk about this article as well as more of your favorite TV!
"WELL, HEY, THESE THINGS JUST SNAP RIGHT OFF..."
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND THE CW's NEW DRAMA CULT SPREADS FROM PRIMETIME TV TO THE DIGITAL SPACE WITH A LIVE RECAP SHOW EVERY TUESDAY AT 10 PM ET/PT ON MACHINIMA'S ETC CHANNEL
Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT to Debut Tonight, Tuesday, February 19, on YouTube.com/MachinimaETC
BURBANK, Calif. (February 19, 2013) --- There's no stopping the power of this CULT! In the new Warner Bros. Television/The CW series (airing Tuesdays 9/8c), obsessed fans pore over every detail of a mysterious TV thriller online, following the exploits of cult leader Billy Grimm and his rabid followers. And now, in the real world, real-life CULT fans will also have the chance to examine the show's many shadowy twists and turns with Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT, a live interactive recap show on Machinima's ETC (Entertainment, Technology, Culture) channel directly following every Tuesday night telecast.
- Each Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT recap episode will livestream on Machinima's ETC channel at www.youtube.com/MachinimaETC and on CWTV.com Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, directly following every episode of CULT, which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.
- The first episode will follow the series premiere tonight --- Tuesday, February 19 --- and will feature series star Matt Davis. Follow Matt on Twitter at @ErnestoRiley.
- "Fan Domain": Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT will feature a live Twitter feed running throughout the show and real-time answers from the show's hosts and guests to questions from the online audience. Prizes will be awarded for the best submission each week. Fans can submit questions via Twitter by tweeting to @Machinima_ETC and using the following hashtag: #CULT.
- Subsequent episodes will feature cast members, show producers and other related CULT experts.
- Livestreamed from Machinima's studio, Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT will be hosted by Sara Fletcher (Secret Girlfriend) and Brendan Bradley (The Dark Knight Retires).
- An edited version of Machinima's ETC After Party: The Cult of CULT will be posted to CWTV.com/Cult and made available on demand at www.youtube.com/MachinimaETC.
In this visceral thriller created by Rockne S. O'Bannon, Jeff Sefton, a bright, driven and intuitive reporter, teams up with Skye Yarrow, an inquisitive television researcher, to investigate a series of disturbing disappearances all tied to a wildly popular new television show called Cult. With everyone a suspect and no one to trust but each other, Jeff and Skye follow an obscure trail of tantalizing clues deeper into the cult of Cult in an effort to find Jeff's missing brother, a rabid fan of the show who unlocked the secret at the heart of the series ... and seemingly paid the price. Moving from the real world into the world of the labyrinthine series and its two characters --- LAPD detective Kelly Collins and charismatic cult leader Billy Grimm --- events inside the show begin to bleed into the outside world and vice versa as the young couple's certainty of what's real and what's illusion crumbles into dust. Hypnotic, shocking and disturbingly unpredictable, the multilayered worlds of CULT watches fans watching Cult ... without realizing that Cult is watching them.
Starring Matt Davis (The Vampire Diaries), Jessica Lucas (Cloverfield, The Evil Dead), Alona Tal (Supernatural, The Killing) and Robert Knepper (Prison Break), CULT is from Fake Empire and Rockne S. O'Bannon Television in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, with executive producers Rockne S. O'Bannon (Farscape, V), Josh Schwartz (Chuck, Gossip Girl), Stephanie Savage (Hart of Dixie, Gossip Girl) and Len Goldstein (Hart of Dixie). Premiering on February 19, 2013, the series airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW.
About Machinima's ETC
ETC (which stands for Entertainment, Technology, Culture) is an owned and operated channel within the Machinima Network that covers entertainment buzz, tech feed and culture crash along with skits, parody and interviews. Hosted by Khail Anonymous, ETC delivers daily shows and videos covering the most up-to-date news and views in film, television, pop-culture, music, technology, media, and everything in-between. ETC is Machinima's entertainment tentpole channel. Machinima is the dominant video entertainment network for young males around the world, serving over 2.5 billion video views per month, and reaching over 260 million viewers monthly.